Ke26 1Jz Turbo (No Longer 13B Turbo)

13bke26

no build is ever smooth sailing, all the preperation in the world can't account for unforseen setbacks.

just imagine, when its finished this will just be a funny story you tell people after youve blasted them off the track :)

keep at it !

cheers, scott

Members dont see this ad

and one expensive bill from che, way way more then i was quoted....

Sorry to hear dude, i was gonna say something earlier about dale and his crew but you seemed pretty set on using that workshop. Your not the only one who been burnt by them. Heck ive had them make a mess of one my wiring jobs simply because he has no idea when it comes to electrical principles or quality of wiring neatness. Highly unrecommended!

well I'm thinking about taking it elsewhere to get tuned, don't know yet.....there tuning side of things is really good..

I would think long and hard about that one. There are "other" reputable dyno tuners out there.

Hope your path to skid action is not too far away :) Best of luck.

ok so done a bit of investigating today, the gearbox guy is coming here either this weekend or sometime next....but found some problems.. started it up today, first start since getting it home, and there was no noise, ran it for a bit (around 5 mins) and the noise came back.. thinking it might be a lack of oil.. Leak is just coming from the g/box sump, so thats an easy fix.. as for the part where it struggles to get in reverse, I'm also thinking it might be a lack of oil.. but I'm just going to wait till the g/box guy comes around to check it out...

also noticed a build up of rubber on the front of the motor.. The alternator looks like its sitting back a little so I'm just wondering whether theres meant to be a spacer to where it bolts on to move it forward.. and the belt was really really loose and making noises so i just tightened it up and its a bit quieter now... Going to be putting a twin pulley set up on it aswell.

its getting there :)

so the gearbox will be coming out soon to get checked out for the major delay in reverse and no park issue..builder suspects there might be an issue with the valve body.. As for the noise, its a weird situation, its there, but i put it in first gear, only just bring the revs up and the noise completely goes away, put it into neutral, couple small revs, still no noise....let it idle for a bit and the noise slowly comes back.. any ideas what it could be?

if the oil pump in the trans isnt building up pressure would cause a delay to select gears.

my money is on torque converter or oil pump. (on the noise issue)

remove the trans and start her up, see if the noise is gone

• 2 weeks later...