Ke26 1Jz Turbo (No Longer 13B Turbo)

13bke26

so an update... havent really done nothing, plumbed in the oil pressure gauge... all sweet, had a problem with the car not wanting to start.. sounded like no fuel...turns out when castle hill redone the wiring they decided not to put washers on and it had worked the nuts off the 044 pump, not allowing it to turn on.

tomorrow I'm towing the car to my work to use the hoist to pull the gearbox out

Members dont see this ad

well the gearbox is out, well the leak is not from the pan, its coming from where che have put the shifter cable bracket..hard to expalin but there is a side cover that they have pulled off and bolted this bracket to, put the cover on and bolted it together...it would require now 2 gaskets but there is only one on there.... what a pain in the ass..

other then a few missing bolts from when they put the car back together its all ok ...wasnt too hard to pull out..but the hoist made it so much easier...now we wait..

if the oil pump in the trans isnt building up pressure would cause a delay to select gears.

my money is on torque converter or oil pump. (on the noise issue)

remove the trans and start her up, see if the noise is gone

and i think the noise is definately the pump as there is no rubbing marks in the bellhousing

evan - 1, rollaclub - 0 :rolls:

yeah the trans definately has issues as it also has the problem getting into reverse and not even park....although i did have some fun getting it on the trailer, had to keep the revs up as it would stall because it was freezing and only had a base tune in it, it would start getting on boost around 2000 and because its got the front runners on the back (temporarily) it spun a little haha

evan turns out the pump might not be the problem.. box is stripped and there is nothing wrong with it, no shavings in the oil, stripped the pump, everything is good...going to turn my attention now to the converter and the bracket that castle hill made....going to be buying a keas bracket for sure and if that solves the gear selection issue ill be going to castle hill to get some money back..

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

well all the gearbox problems have been solved.. The noise was from the starter motor, Justin (ke26wagon) had an idea that the starter was still engaged by a little bit on the ring gear, so we chucked a couple of spacers between the box and the starter and the noise has gone away...The issue of not going into park, struggling to go into reverse and the leak was caused by the shifter cable bracket that was put on...Put the box in, ran it manually by the lever on the box through the gears and it goes into each gear perfectly..

All dash lights have now been wired up as well as the oil pressure light and shift light, proper wheels have been put back on and all body panels are on.. Had an issue today where i put the dash in and all of a sudden the monster tacho decides not to work., will look in to it tomorrow..

Pics will be up in the next few days..

car is pretty much completed now, except I'm thinking about putting a new shifter cable in as i think this one might be stretched....

I did a little skid on grass aswell to see how the converter is and its tight :)comes on boost nicely, but wont be doing that again till it gets tuned ;)

Once the cable is sorted it will be off to get dynoed again

• 2 weeks later...

took it for a drive on private proprety, goes really well...my first time driving a really small car with front runners and locker but i think I'm getting used to it.. Goes through all the gears on the street, still having a few problems with reverse but after its tuned on the 10th and raced on the 19th, the g/box builder and i will pull the valve body out and get it tested at craigs automatics.. So excited to get it tuned... have decided to get it tuned on 15psi or between 250-270 rwhp, which ever comes first.