Another Ke70

RX-747

Hey my names Nick been a lurch on the forum for quite a while and not too long ago purchased my first rolla. After a lot of looking around and waiting I found a nice standard and immaculate 86 sprinter for sale which I put a deposit down on only to get screwed by the seller. After a little more looking around and waiting I found a nice, loud and sacked ke70 which I instantly fell in love with. The owner offered me a price for it that I couldn’t resist so I jumped on it and it’s now parked in the driveway currently undergoing maintenance for a RWC.. It’s in desperate need of a tune as travelling only 30km sees the fuel gauge read a third of a tank lower and it’s fouling up plugs like no tomorrow…

Specs/Mods:

143,000 km on the clock

Fresh engine: 4AGE Smallport 7 rib block

Port and polish

New shims

New bearings

All new gaskets

New starter motor

Match ported intake manifold (redline manifold)

Twin 40mm DHLA Dellorto carburetors

Custom rose-jointed linkage setup

MSD 8981 programmable timing computer

MSD 6AL ignition

MSD blaster 2 coil

K-TUNED remote thermostat

Thermo fan

40mm velocity stacks + Uni filters

JDM bucket seat

sabelt harness

T3 short shifter and gear knob

Ae82 twincam steering wheel

Electric fuel pump

Fuel pressure gauge and regulator

2 1/4 inch exhaust

Extractors

T50 gear box

Welded standard diff

Koni adjustable rear shocks

Super heavy rear springs (unknown spring rate)

Corona lower control arms

Huge lock steering knuckles

30mm 4x114.3 to 4x100 spacers all round

7x13 ultra-lites –7 offsett

Pictures tell 1000 words:

igp5136.jpg

igp5127.jpg

Carbs for the win too bad they are such a bitch to get up and running :(

igp5118.jpg

2010-09-18203151.jpg

2010-09-18203131.jpg

2010-10-07163855.jpg

2010-10-07163913.jpg

2010-10-12170059.jpg

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good score man how much did ya pay for it??

I love the carby setup, how did you manage to get it passed roady?? Or how are you going to get it passed roady?

Yea carbs are sweet, induction noise is horn as haha pity they are running rich as anything..I paid mid to high 6, to be honest people might say that is a bit too much but this car is immaculate. Ive searched over the car and have found next to no rust and its built extremely well using only quality parts. Roady is currently being sorted at the moment standard springs, open diff, carpet, seats, handbrake, standard wheels and exhaust is what needs to be done from what i can see and ive just finished the rear spring and diff changeover along with the handbrake today..

This is pharkin sexy mate, love the wheels. I didnt see any mod plates in the engine bay, you still gotta get them done? Nice find, cheers Luke.

Thanks buddy, I love the wheels too they weigh barely anything :P.. Yea no mod plate/engineers because AE71’s originally came out with a 4AC 1.6l carbed single cam motor and the 4age in there is still 1.6l carbed with the only difference being that its now twin cam.. No engine mounts or anything have been modified and the engine numbers have been changed through vic roads which means its a 100% legal conversion without needing engineers/mod plate.

so you got it passed with only changing engine number's???

Mad how'd you go with converting it back to carby from efi? What did you have to do?

I'm not entirely sure as to how the conversion went because it was already on carbs when i bought it and the engine numbers were also changed before i bought it but i can't see the efi to carb conversion being too difficult, to me it looks straight forward apart from the tunning and a few other things bits and pieces.. For example my breather needs to be re routed to the inlet for a roady but i don't know where to plumb it back in on the intake, so once again ive hit a snag.. if anyone also has any ideas or ways to get around this it would be helpful :)

looks wicked me can't belive how clean the engine and engine bay look very nice

Thanks buddy, yea its been kept in pretty good nick :P

what carbies are on it???

I know on a 2tg celica manifold there is two vacuum points where you run the breather hose back onto the inlet mani, so have a look on the inlet mani for a vacuum pole or somewhere to tap something into the mani to plumb it back into

what carbies are on it???

I know on a 2tg celica manifold there is two vacuum points where you run the breather hose back onto the inlet mani, so have a look on the inlet mani for a vacuum pole or somewhere to tap something into the mani to plumb it back into

They are twin 40 dellortos, ill try get some photos up so you can possibly help me out abit more but i really don't want to run it back into the intake even though i have to as I'm worried about detonation and shit like that happening.. i know its unlikely just a fear of destroying such a well built motor

yeah it shouldnt detonate man even when there efi the breather is still run back into the inlet mani, it's mainly (don't quote me on this) just to stop crankcase pressure build up so it doesn't shoot the dipstick out and crap like that :) thats all it's really there for

But yeah throw some pics up and i may be able to help out mate (i'll try anyways)