Another Ke70

RX-747

Also will be selling my 7x13 ultra-lites with –7 offsett which are magnesium/alloy and 110 stud pattern they weigh approximately 3.5-4kg a rim according to the catalogue.. also come with 30mm 4x114.3 to 4x100 spacers.. they will be up in the for sale section in the next couple of days but if anyone is reading this and is interested for the moment pm me :)

Pics:

igp5127.jpg

40_.jpg

2010-10-07163839.jpg

2010-10-07164024.jpg

2010-10-16144748.jpg

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, this is my mates old rolla.

Guessing daniel is your mate then? :P because that guy knows how to build a car and he deffinately knows how to drive it haha, nice guy too, was very easy to deal with when buying it.. But yea he has nothing to worry about its all being looked after well :yes: haha

Guessing daniel is your mate then? :P because that guy knows how to build a car and he deffinately knows how to drive it haha, nice guy too, was very easy to deal with when buying it.. But yea he has nothing to worry about its all being looked after well :yes: haha

Yeah man, I've known him since primary school, AND YES! He does know how to build a car, I've seen all the pics from the build on that beast. Let me just say it's amazingly built. No shortcuts taken once.

Yeah man, I've known him since primary school, AND YES! He does know how to build a car, I've seen all the pics from the build on that beast. Let me just say it's amazingly built. No shortcuts taken once.

I can agree with you 100% that no shortcuts have been taken, its an amzingly built car

The presentation and assembly on this car is thorough as I remember it on 86DC a while back. Value for money, just look after her and keep her straight :y:

do you still have the build thread? or know the link? wouldnt mind having a bit of a read haha, but yea its being looked after well and I'm making sure it remains straight because its such a nice and well built example and I know the previous owner was very sad to see it go and i promised that i would take good care of it so that i will do :yes:

• 1 month later...

I havnt updated thread for a while but i got a roady not long ago, it took ages to get one as i kept getting knocked back for emissions but now its all good and finally back on the road and I'm loving every second of it :laff: .. ill take a pic of it tomorrow as it currently sits, has a new set of mesh rims on it now and the rims in all my previous pics will also be going up for sale tomorrow too as i need cash :(

• 2 weeks later...

did some maitanance on the car yesterday, flushed the radiator because the water was going rusty and cleaned my air filters and found a nasty little suprise on the 4th throttle bodys filter:

2010-12-24164424.jpg

2010-12-24164432.jpg

2010-12-24171425.jpg

i assume it rubbed/vibrated itself to shit or it melted some how.. either way it has me beat because there is not evidence/melted filter on the 4th throttle body as showen in the pics..

This is how the car stands now but ill get a better pic up in the next couple of days:

2010-12-24164557.jpg

And pics on my new interior :D

Interior before:

2010-10-12170059.jpg

Interior at the moment:

2010-12-24164715.jpg

2010-12-24164804.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Vibration would do that, the foam would just shred away. Easy to fix if its just to tie a hose out of the way.

I plumbed my PCV emissions line into my brake line with a T-piece and everyone said it wouldn't work. Seemed OK, the brakes worked as they should, and then a few months later I had it apart for something and I drilled the manifold for the PCV inlet and changed it over. Made no difference, so using the brake line with a T-piece seems the go.

What happens if you don't use the spacers with those 7" rims? Do they hit the struts in the front and something in the rear??

Vibration would do that, the foam would just shred away. Easy to fix if its just to tie a hose out of the way.

I plumbed my PCV emissions line into my brake line with a T-piece and everyone said it wouldn't work. Seemed OK, the brakes worked as they should, and then a few months later I had it apart for something and I drilled the manifold for the PCV inlet and changed it over. Made no difference, so using the brake line with a T-piece seems the go.

What happens if you don't use the spacers with those 7" rims? Do they hit the struts in the front and something in the rear??

They change the pcd, the rims are 100 and ksev is 114.3 or something.

They change the pcd, the rims are 100 and ksev is 114.3 or something.

bingo, spacers changed the pcd thats why they are needed but i guess they would also hit the struts etc if they had a streight 114.3 pcd and didnt use spacers.. also no need for the PCV emissions stuff anymore, ive got my roady and I'm happy so i really cbf changing anything haha except i might hook up my catch can as the breather just puts a little bit of oil out when it gets a thrashing..

ive got a possible engine conversion planned out for late this year to early next year so this engine could be up for sale in the future, not going to lie i love this motor though just how rev happy it is, the raw power it has and the sound is just mental.. i just love this car its such a well built car and you can just tell the attention to detail the previous owner and builder put into it.. :)

• 5 weeks later...

sorry to vent but ive had the worst luck lately... ive been in thailand for a while and while i was there i got stung by a poisons jelly fish and had to go hospital and was on some pretty heavy medication for a few days, then i got my drink spiked the night before i flew back into melbourne, i was on that V Australia flight that some of you might have seen on the news with the massive turbulence...

To top it all off i just got done by the cops, they did me for a modified vehicle and EPA'd me.. i got done by the newer undercover cop cars with no antennas, no lights on the grill and full tint, came up behind me and just got me out of no where..They were pretty stupid cops though they didnt notice the engine conversion, MSD ignition, quad throttles or the EFI to carb setup, i bullshitted all of it, so they did me for my f@$king fuel pressure regulator which i stll tried to bull my way out of but got done anyway.. made me laugh as its such a joke of a defect and the cop though it was a BOV at first hahaha..

I'm not at all worried by the fine but the EPA has f@$ked me, I'm pretty much screwed as i will never pass so this corolla could be up for sale because i just don't have the time and money they fix it all :( its a heatbreaking moment as i love this car to death but if anyone has any positive suggestions/input would be greatly appreciated... just very gutted at the moment