1973 Ke30?

ke30nut

Members dont see this ad

ok i know that this is not really a general mechanical question but i have to know how is it that my k30 was build in 73 when the ke30's didn't start being made until 74? but if the date is right i may have myself a very rare shit-box lol

Where does it say 1973? Could it be a 1978 with the 8 partly worn away?

the build date might have been 73 but sold in 1974 as a 74, so it'd just be an early model I'd say. Remember that in order to get the "new model" into dealerships it would have been built in japan then slapped on a boat to get here in time.

But when did they first go on sale? I thought it was quite late into 1974 (like August), which would make a '73 build date a looong way in advance (although you'd expect a big batch to be made for initial stock, with a steady flow afterwards to account for sales)

• 2 weeks later...

Whats the frame number ? Its up on the firewall left side of the right hand windscreen spray jet. It'll start with "KE30-xxxxxx". The build plate will have the same numbers (or at least it should be the same)

But anywhat KE30-000001 didn't roll out of Takaoka no.1(A31) till August '74.

• 2 years later...