E15Et Engine Into Ke70?

d1ke

Hey just a ponder I have a Nissan E15ET engine with 20 thow oversize forged pistons

stage 3 cam japanese inlet manifold cooler and microtech MT4 ecu from a FWD Nissan pulsar ET turbo

Wondering if any one has put it into a KE70 corolla?

and if so how hard is it and where can i find a transfer plate for the gearbox is probly my biggest worry

Members dont see this ad

? Wouldn't be slow! Def not compared to a k motor. And he's already got the motor. Your biggest problem is the gbox. Get friendly with CAD of some sort and you should be able make a bell adaptor plate. Then you got mounts to build. Then all the normal shit. Efi gear and brakes to do. Manifolds might need attention. Depends how much you can fab yourself.

I still maintain it will be slower, for the money spent, than another conversion. That's including the purchase price.

A good CA18DET with all the gear like comp loom and box will be 1000 bucks and you could fit that in much easier than the E15.

What about the oil pump pickup, dizzy, water pipework, flywheel/clutch setup. A FWD-RWD conversion like this won't be expensive because of the cost of the motor, it will be expensive because of the fiddly little jobs like those.

EDIT - And yes it will be slow because ET pulsars are slow. And shit. I'd rather have syphillis. :lolcry:

Edited by philbey

EDIT - And yes it will be slow because ET pulsars are slow. And shit. I'd rather have syphillis. :lolcry:

My comment on that is -

Does the block have the drilled and tapped spots where the engine mounts would be bolted to ? Does it have anything for the engine mounts to be bolted to the block for a rwd setup ?

Like the 4a-f block i have sitting in my shed. That doesn't have the spots for the engine mounts making it a rather pointless waste of time in saying - I'm going to throw that in my rwd car when it can't. Well, it can, but....

My comment on that is -

Does the block have the drilled and tapped spots where the engine mounts would be bolted to ? Does it have anything for the engine mounts to be bolted to the block for a rwd setup ?

Like the 4a-f block i have sitting in my shed. That doesn't have the spots for the engine mounts making it a rather pointless waste of time in saying - I'm going to throw that in my rwd car when it can't. Well, it can, but....

I can't remember, all I can remember is the 2 meters of air intake they have.

I'll admit I'm pretty anti et so ky bias might show. I had a couple of mates that dropped lots of dough building hot et's and they never had much on my ca18det poobird.

What do you expect tho from a weak ass 1.5 SOHC turbo motor?

They made a total of 86kw, bluetop 4age does that in N/A form.

there is a big thread in the engine conversions page for 4kct,

Get a turbo ca, ae crossmember go onto 86dc and buy a ca into ae crossmember mounting kit for like 300bucks then spend some money on wiring it up + fuel system and bang instant skids

ET's aren't slow, i used to have one, it was ace, never had mechanical issues with the engine

all the issues i had were ecu and wiring, as it is old skool crap, like real SHIT!!!!!!!

mine made 120kw at the wheels, lean as all crap with 9psi and rx7 cooler, its all power tho, torque wasn't great

saying that tho there are better options, ca18 is an easy swap and has more potential

if you were to do it, there would be some thought involved in engine mounts, sump and pick up, dizzy could be a problem and water inlet/outlets