Ae82 4Age (Sep 85) --> Ke70

bally

Hey all! I've recently purchased a KE70 and am planning to make it into a little track hack but I need a couple of pointers to get started.

First I need to work out what 4AGE I bought lol is it a bigport series one (i think bluetop) or series 2 (redtop?). There is an attached image if thats any help guys. The engine is currently resting itself in a 1985 corrolla sx AE82. Secondly I've been doing some searching on the forums and I couldn't seem to find a wiring diagram for the loom. Do I have to combine the two? Or can I just run the complete AE82 loom? :blinks:

Any help would be much appreciated.

Bally

post-12206-092542900 1289602138_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

Pretty much all you need to know right there. ^^ Its a bigport 4age, and you will have to use the 4age loom and computer to run the engine. Its not as easy a swap as some people think, there is alot of work in it. If you search google you will soon find the wiring diagram and ECU pinouts. Take into account you will need to convert the 4age to a RWD configuration, fack around with the wiring, engine/gearbox mounts, fuel pump and lines, run a thermo fan or source a RWD 4age fan and all the other fun stuff. I recommend doing alot of research, and weighing up the pros and cons. Best of luck.

Assuming it's a complete engine (and not bits and pieces from several different ones), it's a series 1 bigport (ie bluetop), the air-temp sensor in the intake plenum is the giveaway (red/blacktop bigports have it in the airbox)

Oh, and the AE82s were called Twincams, not SXs (the SX was the 4AGE-powered AE92)

Edited by Hiro Protagonist