4age Into Ke70 / Ae71 Conversion - The Step By Step Noob Guide

Teddy

TEDDY'S NOOB GUIDE NO #0052

4AGE into RWD KE70 / AE71 / *E7* Conversion Notes

Hey All.

There's not a day that goes by, when someone ask's *How do i put a 4age into an *e7* !

Basically, i keep pm'ing people about it and kindly showing them where to go, but its getting a bit rediculious. So, here i present to you all the links i know off, that can help you out with your conversion. Its almost a copy from the same thing i made at rollaclub, but more things have poped up since. So, its a revised list as such. Please read it, because there is **alot** of data in there.

Basically from now on, any topics *how do i install a 4age into my.. etc* will be trashed, and a PM sent to the member with a link to this page. Please remember, IF you do have a technical question or a specific thing your stuck on; we will happily help you out. Its not so much we don't like trying to help people, Generally i know for one i don't want to go to www.ke70.com - technical and see 20 different 4age into ke70 topics, that all really have what this 1 page has on it, as a general starter type guide...

Over the Internet, there are sooo many threads that tell people how to put a 4age into a Ae86 / Ke70 / Ae71 - they are all pretty much the same in theory. Sure, theres heaps of different 4age's over the ages, different rib'd blocks, heads, even displacements as well as bolt on's to make it no longer N/A, but its all the SMALL details that make the BIG difference. This is where a sharp eye, and brain cells come in handy. For all of you metho lovers, you'll need some concentration and focus on this topic, so piss off & get help.

So, now we have covered that, be prepared to spend anything from $3000 upto $10,000, depending on what you want, the quality you want, and how you want it done.

Before you go ANY further, answer these few questions for your self....

1) WHY do you want a 4age into your Ke70 / Ae71 ?

2) What is the car going to be used for ? - Street or off road

3) Legalities involved in your state

4) Budget you have

5) how much experience you have

After you have put some brain splatter onto paper for those 5 questions, keep reading down...

First up, Read all of what i have to post, seriously, then come back with what you don't know, and we can help fill in the blanks.

1) All About the 4age Motor - Find out which 4age you have purchased

2) 4age to RWD application -> Read it and understand it

3) 4AG - ZE into Ae86 - more info on the topic, someone Else's views on how it works - READ IT ALL

4) 4AGE world - make sure you take close note of whats on here, a VERY good place

5) The Witzl's guide to installing a FWD 4A-GE into RWD corolla - Toymods

6) 4A-GZE Comparison, Specs and Differences of all versions - Toymods

7) Rollaclub Guide on RWD'ing a 4age

8) Rollaclub Toyota Info - Everything from A motor rleated to K motor related

9) Very usefull other ae86 club

10) People that have done / doing the conversion

- TWizl - Funny Guy, usually not that kind to Noobs asking him questions, but he knows his stuff.

- IRallys Ae71 - the car is no longer around, but its memory lives on. This dude knows what hes on about

- Jasons Ae71 Project - again, another great example - check for his updated car on rollaclub somewhere

- and finally, the conversion I'm doing with a friend, 4AGZE into Ae71 ! yes I'm still learning, but i like to research first :lol:

- Mumblez's 4age into his Ke70

- Turbo Rollers 4age into his Ke70

- Trav's 20V into his Ae71

- Feeling like some turbo 4ac action? worth a read in itself :)

- another 4age into ke70

- My Personal Hairy lesbian slave, Des - His Ke70 4agze conversion :y:

Other Usefull Data

- How to read Toyota Motor Codes

- Surge Tanks and EFI systems explained - Toymods

- Toyota Diff Codes

- Toyota Gearbox Codes

- Growing Topic on Toyota Drive line Data

- Ke70/Ae71/Te71/Ae86 Similarities & Differences

AND LAST OF ALL!

OMFG the source of all 4age information

SO !

Now that you have been given all that is needed, go away and read up all of that, hell, take a week to read it all, theres a farkton of info there, but actually UNDERSTAND IT.

Please don't come back asking dumb questions, when most of it is there. Eg. what cross member do i use...

We are happy to help, but we are not happy to hold yo ass and feed you at the same time. Please DO ask technical questions that you are stuck on, then we will happily help you out. :)

I hope that helps, and hell, we need to make this a sticky!

Ted

• Upvote 2

• 2 years later...
Members dont see this ad
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Does anyone have any information on putting a 20V into a KE? A friend of mine is about to under-go the conversion and he wanted to know whathe's in for...

Missed it by that much.

You realise the 20v conversion guide was one post over from where you clicked on this thread?

Read first, post questions after.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

AE86 pedal box won't fit/work in an E7 chassis unless you modify it. T18 pedal boxes are a closer fit only needing a few holes drilled in/bolts moved.

My 4AGE into KE70 conversion set me back $3k, that was everything needed to go 4K to 4AGE. A few bits and pieces I could have bought a little cheaper, but I needed my car on the road asap.

Edit: All work was done by myself.

Edited by adam-__-

• 3 weeks later...

goodluck doing it for under 1000 unless you mean 1000 pounds

ive bought all parts for bargain prices and ive spent 1400 and still need to spend about 200 to finish it off

engineers cert costs at least 800 from what ive heard

• 3 months later...