4agze In Ae71

Jason

Hey All

I'm Jason ! I live around the corner from Teddy, and for a while now i have been researching to what car i would like. I have seen Teddy's car go through a transformation, and its rubbed of onto me !!

I have had a chat with teddy, but i would like some more info on a few things if thats possible.

I have been saving for a long time now, and i have a limit of $8000 - to include the car, rego, blue plate stuff.. etc.

I know teddy has a Ke70, but he said i need an Ae71 to make things simple when it comes to putting a 4age motor into the car. I would like to put the 4agze into it, but i am not completely sure how to go about it.

Can any one here point me in the correct direction how to go about this, and anything else i would need to know? - i will also need to obviously upgrade the drive line, breaks, suspension.

i would like to do as much of the work as possible.

Thanks for that!

Edited by Jason

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How much money? How long is a piece of string?

All you will need to get you started is the new engine and exhaust. Most everything else that isn't big will bolt in. Even with the exhaust if you were really tight on cash you could just get the front section replaced.

4AGZE, no idea how much they go for these days, budget $1000 and you should have some spare. Exhaust depending on how wild you want to go, anywhere from probably $200'ish for a very basic front section to $1000+ for something more exotic.

You may need to upgrade your brakes, depending on who does your engineering. Speak to them beforehand.

Hey Jason

I'm not 100% on this stuff, but i know a lil. The reason you need an Ae71 over a Ke70 like my car is the Ae71 came with an 'A' series motor = hence an 'A' Series crossmember (bit the motor bolts to) - So in theory, the 4age bolts into the Ae71.

Sure you can get a ke70, but you have to find an Ae71 cross member, the T50 gear box (also came with Ae71) and a few other things.

Read this Article i made a lil while ago - http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?showtopic=1389

Also, http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?showtopic=611 - just for the hell of it :insane:

My 2c !

Edited by Teddy

Look for an AE71, it will make your life a fair bit easier. It isn't hard to modify a KE70 to run an A series motor, but it is a bit of stuffing around that you can avoid if you just get an AE71 to start.

Depending on how much you can get an AE71 for, you should be okay for $8000 if you do a lot of the work yourself and you don't go crazy.

So yes, the two big things you'll need to go out and buy now, are an AE71, and a 4AGE (or GZE, depending on what you are after). Once you get those two, then you can start fiddling and getting all the small things together.

Not in particular just I am a little power hungry :jason: ... well as to beat a friend's commodore :insane: hes just so dam cocky

Ok, I'm starting to look for an Ae71, is there any model I should be looking for say csx? Also I'm trying to get model with the front lights pulled in, I just think they look a little meaner, are they on a particular model?

---

I just got around to reading your article teddy (nice work) :sad: can't get an Ae71 with cool lights, but ill get over it

So what price should I be aiming at for the car?

Edited by Jason

replace the dizzy with a crank angle sensor and coil packs as youll be using an aftermarket ecu for a turbo anyway

but yeah its a bit more $$ than a striaght ze conversion, but heaps more power

If you're going to spend that much money, why bother with a 4AGTE? For the money you'll probably end up spending you might as well go with a Dustbin motor (less money, less hassle, more power, much more potential) or if you really wanted a Toyota motor then just get a 3SGE, or put a little more money in and get a 3SGTE.

If your going for N/A power, go for a 100KW 4AGE, if you want to go turbo, go a 4AGZE and remove the supercharger, whack on a turbo, Forget the idea of a 20 Valve, its just pure wank factor in my opinion. If you want serious power though, take fooks suggestion and go for the dirty datsun motor :insane: *no offence intended datsun lovers*

Edited by Medicine_Man