4agze In Ae71

Jason

Drown it in CRC for a day or so, then try taking it off again..

nuh i carnt figure out how the plastic lugs work, i don't want to break them.

Car looks pretty clean, rust doesn't look too bad. If you're lucky you might even be able to get "repair panels" to fix that up.

cool, i thought that was a lot of rust for a 'good' car :insane:

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hopefully by tomorrow we will have the bumpers off, the tow-bar off, degrease down some of the motor (rock cover & surrounding is a dirty female dog) , clean out the interior, do something with the radio & maybe work out a plan with this rust.

Just on another note

Did you know:

The Ae71 Spirit came only as the Spirit - not an SE, CS or CSX Spirit, but just "Spirit". Found out today, that along with its Tacho, Spoiler and colour coded insides / outsides, that it actually doesn't have an inside boot and fuel cap release (The CSX on the non-spirit and Ke70 does have one tho) AND the back air vents behind the doors are different on the Ae71's compared to the Ke70's :insane: !

Also, The Ae71's have an auto choke, and the Ke70s have a manual one. When looking at the choke position in the Ae71 - normally there is a hole - well, thats what i thought anyway- theres actually a plug from stock they put in there, which i have never seen before. !!!

hehehe

Part 1 - Body Work

It was a productive day, Teddy came over, and we pulled the back bumper.

Its a aftermarket which struck us both odd, had to get under and unbolt it... not a easy talk, considering the bolts were seized :insane:

Teddy showed my how to fix up the surface rust, got 1 area done. A lot to do tomorrow. We got impatient so will pulled the tape and the paint started to peel off... I hope I don't have to redo that part it's real nice.

I started on the spoiler, it was heavy cracking, its was through the paint even in some parts of the plastic, so the top was completely sanded down and tomorrow I will do the sides

Pics

PS now my fingers feel all smooth and weird

Edited by Jason