Turbo_rolla's Ke70

turbo_rolla

Hey guys, have only just got around to getting off my @ss and putting this thing up in the member's rides. THis is gonna be a fairly long post, and i've had this for about 11 months and done work slowly on it. Anyway, here we go:

Purchased late last year from a middle aged woman, and was pretty tidy. Hubby had a ke20 "weekend car" and kept this just as clean. Clean interior, straight body, onlycouple of normal small spots of rust, new clutch & recon 4k head, 4 speed manual, aircon :hmm: Approx 210,000km on the clock.

The details of the car now are:

Car: 1983 Toyota Ke70 Corolla CS

Engine: 4k-c

Gearbox: K-50 gearbox swap

Diff: Stocker

Engine Mods:

Cortina 32/36 DGV weber, redline air filter

2" exhaust system, through to oval muffler and 4" tip i think

Suspension Work:

Front - monroe shocks & kings

Rear - kyb excel-g shocks & kings

27mm front swaybar (that's right, 27mm :D)

Brakes:

Hmmmm, stock

Interior:

AE71 Dash cluster

Cheap "type-R" ebay steering wheel :rolleyes:

Kenwood MP3, 6" rears, amp, 12" sub etc

Initial D seat covers (got as a gift - not trying to be takumi!)

floormats

Body:

beige colour

"professionally" rolled guards :lolcry:

Wheels:

14x7 chevoit's all round replacing stockers

Mods to come:

JDM 4age Bigport Conversion :) - ENGINE ARRIVED IN AUS 17/11!!!!

Currently sitting up in my shed is MOST of the gear required to do my 4age conversion incl t-18 diff, and should get the engine in about 1 week (landed on friday, going to inspect next saturday before it comes out of the half cut). Once engine and other bits are picked up, conversion goes ahead!

Have a new autotecnica steering wheel on the way to replace the P.O.S that is in there now also.

Then want to do twin headlight conversion, flare guards, and obligitory fender mirrors ;)

Will chuck up some "before" and "after" pics shortly.....

Edited by turbo_rolla

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After Pics (before it was lowered):

dscn4289wu8.jpgdscn4286vv7.jpg

dscn4293ri6.jpgdscn4291xp5.jpg

dscn4291xp5.jpgdscn5333nm4.jpg

dscn42921nc5.jpgdscn5331ek1.jpg

The photo on the RHS here was taken today, and the car is lowered (as opposed to the ones above)^^^^^

AND, my new engine: :hmm: :) :lolcry: :D ;) :poke: >|

dsc2359vz5.jpgdsc2360qk1.jpg

Feel free to chuck your thoughts & opinions up (good, and even bad i guess :S)

Edited by turbo_rolla

• 2 weeks later...

Went and checked out the engine this morning (25/11) in the halfcut. Got a few pics etc so hopefully that'll help with the install, which will hopefully be next weekend. Had a chat to the guy who owns the place and he said when he was driving it in japan he had a bit of a run behind a n/a silvia, and the lil 16v kept with him, so hopefully its got a bit of go in it. Anyway, here's one of the pics i took this morning. Looks a bit weathered, so will have to clean up the intake and rocker cover a bit i think :y:

dscn5347jb1.jpg

Got confirmation today that the engine etc is ready to be picked up tomorrow, so i'll be heading down there tomorrow after work to grab it :y: Also picked up a fuel pump (fuelmiser VL pump - didnt have any bosch ones...), thermo fan switch, and k&n pod filter which was on sale (all at autobarn....20% off everything, and 50% off the filter :y: ). Thermo fan should be arriving shortly, and will pick up some efi hosing before friday also. Then should be set to go.

Will try to get some pics up on the weekend. depends what goes wrong and when :y:

Went and picked up the engine package today......was good as they'd cleaned it up a little, and its come up alright. Also quite happy as i found a few things that i wasnt expecting:

1. air conditioner compressor still attached :y:

2. chrome shift knob, Annnnnnnd

3. short shift kit! :y:

So I'm pretty happy with that. Loom also appears to be mostly hooked up still, so that's gonna be a huge help! Will see how we go by the weekend, and will chuck up an update sometime soon :y: