Turbo_rolla's Ke70

turbo_rolla

Okay, bit of an update on the rolla. I smashed up my toe last weekend and as a result have been in a cast since last saturday, and thus havent done any work on the car, OR been able to drive it :hmm: So no progress made, but rubber has been purchased to try and quieten down the fuel pumps, so that will be the next thing done.

Also, was gonna chuck up some of the other things I'm gonna look to do to it shortlyish:

1. Bit of work on the rims:

From this_______________To this

rimsnowuy7.jpgrimstobelikeje6.jpg

2. T-18 chrome bumper conversion- looks hot IMO - bit of work apparently though

t18bumperbu8.jpg

3. paint the rocker cover on the 4age as its slapped out and yuk. GOt a complete rocker cover and spark plug alley cover from a mate, so will just clean that one up (mates sandblaster) and give it a coat of paint. Tossing up what colour to go with on the cam covers though (spark plug alley colour will remain black)........

Option A - standard look

enginecoveroption1mm6.jpg

Option B - shiny silver & black writing (with 16 valve in blue to keep with JDM)

enginecoveroption2ex0.jpg

Option C - nice metallic blue colour

enginecoveroption3bl4.jpg

Option D - red "wrinkle" paint

vhtwrinklepaintcopynl5.jpg

So they're my thoughts about where to go next with this little car.........feel free to chuck up your thoughts/opinions/experiences!

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Option B looks awesome to me.
yeah, that's what I'm leaning towards too i think :hmm: would have to have a pretty clean engine bay to pull off the last two, and thats one thing i definately don't have :ninja: More excited about the wheels though, as i reckon they'll come up pretty nice! :hmm:

Another option for ya dan....

Black wrinkle paint with white writing or red writing

Ah yes.........soooo many options!!! :ninja: will have to get photoshop/paint out and have a fiddle around. THe bigport blacktop could be an option though! :hmm:

ON the topic of that, had a play on paint with a photo for the change of colour on the wheels, and ROUGHLY got this:

dscn4293rimchangedz4.jpg

Mick is having a play with a picture too, so i'll chuck that up later also. Reckon i'll do it though! :hmm:

Cut your springs with a grinder and I will come and cut your legs off so you can't drive the car

Do it right or don't do it at all...

Nice chop Micko

:ninja: id much rather to do it the "right" way as I'm not too keen on chopping them, BUT, short of going adjustables/coilovers there's not really many other alternatives are there? Guess i might just save up some $$$ for adjustables and do it that way. Just don't wanna go for kings superlows or anything as they'll be waaaaay to low, and i don't wanna have heaps of attention now as they'll get me on numerous things no doubt :hmm: Will have a look at the options! :hmm:

And yeah, noticed the sig last night mick, so will update the baby! Its definately rockin, but its contained to the driveway til my foot heals :hmm:

I've got the 14x7s on there at the moment, so it COULD be enough? didnt you have a ra60 brake setup floating around mick? :y:

Yeah, i remember how low yours is craig! :yes: May stick with it as it is for the time being......only reason i'd be changing anything is to drop it slightly, as it doesnt handle too bad the way it is now. Not worth the effort for the time being! Guess with my fat @ss in the drivers seat, it'll drop a bit too :no2:

Edited by turbo_rolla