• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bit of an update on the quads...........

got this on friday afternoon:

dsc00426copygt4.jpg

Out of ^ came this:

dsc00427copyhh5.jpg

Only had time to play around with one of them (they are both passenger side brackets, so need to fiddle around with the one for the drivers side), but this is what i got done quickly:

dsc00002copyzq1.jpg

dsc00003copyci5.jpg

Had to grind more away from the valance to fit them in place and a couple of holes for the studs to go through (almost spot on where existing ones were though). Its not completely finished as i have to straighten it up, do the drivers side obviously, and get 2 "flat faced" globes so they match the semi-sealed ones i've got in there. will also give them a spray when i've trial fitted the lot so they look like new, and cut down and put the old grill back on. also looking into an addition for the front grill, but that wont be revealed for a week or so yet :)

A big thanks to Mike from clubk in NZ for sending these over, for a VERRRRY good price too! After these are in, i'll only need fender mirrors and chrome bumpers to get it how i want it to look (basing it on a pic that most beige ke70 owners are :yes: ).

Let me know what ya think :)

the other one most likely wont be in until this weekend, but once they're both in you'll get a squiz! gotta make it look all nice and perrrrty first! also just realised that my little beast is gonna be a adm/kdm/jdm bitsa :) that's surely good for another 5kw. with that AND the rollaclub sticker I'm gonna be pulling some hectik power bro :yes:

Lookin good, There was a twin headlight ae71 grill on ebay US for 20 bucks.
Yeah, saw that on there. it was from the guy i was originally gonna get the headlight surrounds from in the phillipines (rhett?). considered it but will adapt the standard grill (will get rid of the t-18 levin grill thats on there at the moment) and see what that looks like :yes: will hopefully have it all finished by the end of this weekend, but will see how i go for time :)

Had a play around with the drivers side light today and have got it on and almost how it needs to be. Had to do alot of chopping of the bracket (as it was for a passenger side mount), but I'm fairly happy with the result considering all of that. will make final adjustments to both sides shortly, but next job will be getting a grill back on it as the Levin one came off today (looks better with no grill than one with 1.5" either side before the lights). Anyway, less talk and more pics:

dsc00110copyex6.jpg

dsc00109copywf5.jpg

The gap under the parkers is "normal", as to do it "properly" you need the front valance (???) and front guards from memory. All good for now though! :cool:

just make up some small aluminium panels and bung em in with chewing gum!
considered that, but using something a bit tackier than chewing gum :cool: that's what i'll probably do though - make up some little backing and bog and paint to make it look nice and clean perhaps? We'll see.

Picked up a little something for the grill today - not sure if anyone else other than me will like it, but its my "modern" take on the JDM TE71's :)

nah, not a new corolla badge :) i'll elaborate a bit more on my previous hint - I'm doing a "modern" take on the JDM TE71 GT. will be on by the end of the weekend i would imagine, so will chuck up a pick then. could go either way, so will see how we go :cool: