• 1 month later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay, has been a while so thought i'd chuck up a post........havent really done too much with the car since last time. Added a new centre console and lower steering column cover as the ones i had were stuffed, also found and put the centre part of my steering wheel (ie horn) in place so i've got my horn back. Realised i needed it last week when i was at some lights and a clown didnt turn on an arrow, and didnt get the hint from me revving behind him ;)

4age is running really well, and havent had any major issues with it. ONly thing is its dumping some fuel out of the carbon canister. Checked the lines, and everything seems good (blew down the lines - line from the carbon canister goes to the top of the tank as you could hear air entering the tank when blowing, and the other return line goes into the tank, as it was 1/2 full and could hear it bubble when it went down. so for some reason the tank is pressurising and sending fuel up the "breather" line to the carbon canister, and then it dumps the excess out the vent in the bottom and onto the chassis rail :( so not sure about that.

also looking into getting the aircon on the 4age hooked up.......been hot and wanting to be cooler on the hot days. Just trying to find someone cheapish enough. Found one guy but didnt wanna commit to a price for hoses etc until he was actually doing the job :y: So if anyone knows someone cheap in the adelaide area, hook me up :evil: looked at some hosing today at a hose place, and they suggested maybe a combination of the following:

* Ryco BARRIER FB110 hose, suitable for use with r12, r134A, and 1/2" inside diamater - $28.55/mtr

* Ryco 801-0808 1/2" hose fitting - $7.37 each - and suggested using clamps to secure to hose (as opposed to the crimping method.....dunno if the clamps would hold though - depends what psi the aircon system runs i guess)

Got all the other existing parts of the aircon system (ie condensor, receiver dryer, lines etc), just need the hoses changed, hooked up & gassed :y: will keep looking around, but if anyone has any suggestions let me know.

Anyway, that'll do for now! Cheers guys :y:

Could always check this out link
yeah, stumbled across that a few weeks ago when i started looking. problem with mine is though, that it had aircon before so all that stuff is sweet. all i need done is new hosing from compressor to condensor, and condensor to firewall. so only need the hose and maybe a few fittings. went past a place and they said it'd be about $200 to do that, then another $100 or so to gas it, but could be more depending on how long it takes. would be good to be able to get the gear for the hoses, slap them together, install them, and just get someone to gas it. atleast save the labour side of things. dunno, but will look into it a bit more :jamie:

• 3 weeks later...

okay, quick update........went out and purchased something that'll help the car cosmetically (in my opinion). See below for details:

post-1017-1173125679_thumb.jpg

corona quad headlight setup and JDM t-18 levin grill - both have been altered and ready to fit *e7*. thought they had the "levin" badge with them, but it'd been taken off. SO, I'm seeing if i can source one of the "GT" ones aka JDM style :hmm:

Sooooooooo, they will be going on in the next week or so i think! Slooooowly coming along. Will hopefully look good when they're on and all nice :P

Edited by turbo_rolla

Nice car and nice engine. Well done. Was it hard to find the rwd bigport setup?

Matt :dance:

NUMBER PLATE SHOWING

thanks mate! wasnt hard to find the rwd bigport setup........could've looked around on the forums for ages and got bits and pieces together and saved a bit of $$$, but decided to go to an importer here in adelaide and see what they had. THey had a full package (motor, ecu, loom, gearbox, clutch and all ancillaries) for $1,600, so i got that from em, and a jdm tailshaft for $200 (was gonna cost me more than that to mix and match aussie ones to match the t-18 diff). Am soooo happy with the result, and happy i forked out the extra money to get everything at once that i knew had been running and all came off the same motor :hmm:

thanks for the headsup re the plate too! all good now :P

Edited by turbo_rolla

Okay, have almost finished fitting the new lights. a bit of f$#king around and cutting and grinding, but its all in place. the only issue is the plastic surrounds of the headlights sticks out too far and the bonnet wont shut, so they're off for now. also gotta fabricate something with the parkers. Oh, wanna get a "GT" badge for the grill too!!!! ;) but the following pics will give you the idea!

dsc00317copyhi1.jpg

dsc00324copyiq0.jpg

dsc00325copylf5.jpg

Feel free to comment :P

Had a bit of a browse around rollaclub at various twin headlight setup, and saw it mentioned that someone got a twin headlight surround off ebay. Anyway, jumped on and came across this. reckon this will be the way to go to sort out my surround "issues". The guy is in thailand, and does fender mirrors too:

282_1.jpg

1284_1.JPG

209.jpg and

165.jpg

Here's the guys store if anyone is interested clicky clicky. I'll definately be considering the headlight surrounds. might try to get the crhome bumpers organised before fender mirrors though ;)

Pretty sure he's the same seller I got my bezels from, and another seller in thailand is where I got my Corner lenses to suit the bezels. I paid about AU $80 in the end by the time bidding was over and postage included etc...

Do you realise that you'll have to cut into the top of your stone tray (just above bumper) to fit them? Or get an original stone tray from NZ, USA etc...

Just had a look at the ad and it's just the RHS. Whereas I got a pair without corner lights. Try sourcing from USA as a full set it may work out being cheaper in the long run. I got my second lot (shown below) off a very nice bloke on Toymods from Cali for US$100 including shipping (AU$130). Might be worth trying to contact some members of ae86dc or teddy's forum ke70.com who live in the states to try help out.

myke70partseh4.jpg

yeah, i think it was your post that i saw them in paul :P

i think the corner lenses come with it those surrounds though (says "cover and corner light"). you're right though, its only LHS. i've sent him a message seeing if he's got both.

Now, by the "stone tray", do you mean the part circled below? If so, i've grinded away at part of it to get the lights in easily, but if more is required i can do so ;)

dsc00324copy1gx6.jpg

went to the shops and realised the grill needs to be raised a bit so you can see the steel above the bumper (stone tray?), but other than that I'm happy thus far.

Will have a look around in the US to see what might be available though. Thanks Paul :y:

No worries, I think my solution to that issue is either going to be importing the whole panel or just getting someone in the states to cut those (the ones you circled) bits off with a bit of extra metal both directions so I can weld them in to one of my Aus spec KE70 trays.