Rt80 Corona Conversion

Ogloc

Hey just picked up this corona and wondering what engine you guys would recommend putting in it ? It's currently got 2tgeu with all it's running gear . I was thinking going 4age any ideas on how hard that be to do or how much it's gonna cost me ? All helps appreciated

Members dont see this ad

seems like alot of effort to replace a 1600 for 1600.4age needs sump mods,rwd cooling system parts which can be hard to find for the right price,plus all the expense of wiring it up.

what are you after more power /better fuel economy?

I wanna change it cause the motors running like a dead dog and it feels like it's on it's way out and I'm looking for power over fuel economy . And one more thing is I thought the 2tgeu was injected where as my one still uses a choke ? Do you know why this is ?

Hey just picked up this corona and wondering what engine you guys would recommend putting in it ? It's currently got 2tgeu with all it's running gear . I was thinking going 4age any ideas on how hard that be to do or how much it's gonna cost me ? All helps appreciated

Hi mate,

Is this the white Corona with A LOT of rust? Did you buy it from near Liverpool in Sydney?

We went and inspected it.

Regards,

Stephen

Hi mate,

Is this the white Corona with A LOT of rust? Did you buy it from near Liverpool in Sydney?

We went and inspected it.

Regards,

Stephen

Not too sure if it's the same one, could be. what kind of wheels did you see on them ?

Edited by Ogloc

Not too sure if it's the same one, could be. what kind of wheels did you see on them ?

The wheels that were on it when I saw it were a rip off brand of SSR Mesh. The Mesh was black and the lips on each of the wheels was polished. It's a white RT80? Really really really bad rust throughout? Like I'm talking massive holes through the frame?

The wheels that were on it when I saw it were a rip off brand of SSR Mesh. The Mesh was black and the lips on each of the wheels was polished. It's a white RT80? Really really really bad rust throughout? Like I'm talking massive holes through the frame?

My wheels are kinda like that but they're bronze/gold colour could be the same one . Did the rust stop you from buying it ?

My wheels are kinda like that but they're bronze/gold colour could be the same one . Did the rust stop you from buying it ?

Yeah they were gold underneath...

It is the same one that we inspected. There would not be another white RT80 with a 2TG in it. In NSW anyway.

Yeah it is the worst rust that we've ever seen in any vehicle. There were also sure signs of burnout work.

He was trying to get $1800 for it haha!

What did you end up paying for it?

Yeah they were gold underneath...

It is the same one that we inspected. There would not be another white RT80 with a 2TG in it. In NSW anyway.

Yeah it is the worst rust that we've ever seen in any vehicle. There were also sure signs of burnout work.

He was trying to get $1800 for it haha!

What did you end up paying for it?

Yea that sounds like my car lol

I ended up getting it for $1100

I thought the 2tgeu was injected where as my one still uses a choke ?

Well, one look under the bonnet before you bought it would have told you.

So we assume you won't be re-building or modifying the motor yourself, so anything you do will cost a lot.

In that case your best bet is to rebuild it just like it is, as fitting a whole new motor system is a good $10k worth.

Well, one look under the bonnet before you bought it would have told you.

So we assume you won't be re-building or modifying the motor yourself, so anything you do will cost a lot.

In that case your best bet is to rebuild it just like it is, as fitting a whole new motor system is a good $10k worth.

Yeah after doing a bit of research I found out the engine wasn't as bad as I first thought I'm gonna keep it the way it is . Any tips on what mods I should look at doing first ?