May 21, 201115 yr Author comment_525719 Shiny washed car + shiny plates + shiny new wheels/tyres :D Crappy time of day for photos though... Report
June 9, 201115 yr comment_530725 Mate this is porn, and manual, mmmmmmm. Selling my JZZ30 right now - will be a massive regret no doubt. Just got my hands some some '95 tails too, which I've opened up and 'cleared' of diffuser lenses. Looks overrated. Mine's a GT-TL too with TEMS, scroll dash, etc, but no sunroof like this one :glare: Love it, make sure she looks after it :cool: Report
August 20, 201115 yr Author comment_547860 Well, Cara has been in my ear a bit lately about wanting to make the Snoarer more _her_ car (since we bought it with 99% of the mods done to it already), so we've decided to start looking around at bodykits... So far, our attention has fallen on two in particular 1) Veilside Executive Sport Pros: Rear bumper and wing look awesome, full copy kit (minus wing) is fairly easy to acquire Cons: Not 100% convinced about the front, and we'd lose foglights and high-mount tailight, rear wing is next to impossible to find in the country and only genuine 2) Vertex Pros: Cleaner front bar and sideskirts than the Veilside, much easier to find Cons: Rear a bit plain, facelift front end/foglights/grille (which I'm not a big fan of) Thoughts? Report
August 23, 201115 yr comment_548654 I'd be going for the veilside option personally. Not a fan of the front bar too, but if you've got a little time to wait, Soarer Central are having a custom front bar made, based on an Auto Couture kit (US only), but modified more tastefully. A combination of the two would simply be insane. Love that rear wing too Report
August 23, 201115 yr Author comment_548669 Yeah the AC-copy group buy bar is quite nice, doesn't have the flare problem of the Vertex, but it's still a facelift one which would mean changing the foglights over, plus the grille. Edited August 23, 201115 yr by Hiro Protagonist Report
August 24, 201115 yr comment_548880 True that. Being a '95 hers would be one of the few which actually have front 'fogs' per se, pre-facelift, as mine is a '91 and they act merely as 'turning lights' (useless aside from blinding pedestrians). Sad truth is that I havent seen many pre-facelift front bars which look the goods. The grilles can be had from luxurymods.com for a fair price considering the US dollar. Fogs are bloody murder wherever you turn though. Report
August 26, 201115 yr Author comment_549294 Yeah, yet another reason why I'm keen to keep them. I think first thing to do would be to get the scrapes fixed and the extension lip painted to match and see how that looks, fairly confident that it will suffice which really just leaves the sideskirts and the rear bar (wing is a whole other story though). Want to get it jazzed up a bit before Toyotafest (need the paint looked at down the passenger's side too, looks like the clear-coat has reacted), but I'd be happy if it was just cleaned up and kept as-is. Report
October 22, 201114 yr comment_561863 Any progress on the kit front mate? Still got my JZZ30, might keep it for another 6 months. Got my hands on some origin +25 fenders too so progress will be made :wink: Report
October 22, 201114 yr Author comment_561864 Nah kit has been put on hold until at least the new year, Cara's decided she wants more power and noise in the meantime.... So I bought these: :dance: Lews split dumps with seperated wastegate pipe Report
February 12, 201214 yr Author comment_583937 Well, I thought that it was such a lovely day this morning that I'd go outside and stare at the engine bay of the Snoarer for a little while... Yep, all looks normal there Woops, I was carrying this small section of pipe and some other stuff and I just slipped...is that supposed to go there? Ahh much better now Om nom nom nom..... Report
February 12, 201214 yr comment_583945 I love Soarers. Different to the Supra. Potential to look a alot better too. I've seen some utterly rank looking Supras. Would rather one of these any day. Good stuff man. Report
February 12, 201214 yr comment_584077 have you found a clutch yet? exedy do a cushion brass button, i had one in my starlet gt and the missus found that very easy to deal with and she is quite petite, but still held nicely with 16psi and 180 hp but I'm sure they will have alot more in them than that Edited February 12, 201214 yr by 01sik Report
February 12, 201214 yr Author comment_584089 Well, the drama of the banana-peel-instead-of-a-clutch has been rectified have you found a clutch yet? exedy do a cushion brass button, i had one in my starlet gt and the missus found that very easy to deal with and she is quite petite, but still held nicely with 16psi and 180 hp but I'm sure they will have alot more in them than that Almost 12 months ago :P Just went for an Exedy heavy duty organic, didn't want to go for a button clutch since the R154 clutch is heavy enough as it is, plus being a pull-type means that all the prices are jacked up. Report
March 14, 201214 yr Author comment_590558 Oooh, shiny... Beginning of bonus-money spending, will be doing the dumps in the next few weeks, hopefully in time for dyno day (if not, then drag night in August) Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now