Neil/Primal Garage Ke70

xris

Why lengthen the steering arms..? Less lock for more turns doesn't seem very appealing.. :hmm:

lol. no no no. because if i didnt lengthen them as well as the lca's id have massive toe out and not enough arm to adjust the toe.

And with my knuckles ive got more lock with less turns ;)

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lol. no no no. because if i didnt lengthen them as well as the lca's id have massive toe out and not enough arm to adjust the toe.

And with my knuckles ive got more lock with less turns ;)

Oh and ive got my Chrome Bumpers on now!!

post-6051-0-18308700-1314577193_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So i got defected..... :fuzz: :bash:

soooo I'm moving it onto Club plates :dance:

Got abit of work to do before its "road worthy" so the list is as follows

- Replace lca's with less camber (got a spare ae86 subframe, knuckles, lca, suspension sitting here ready to go)

- Purchase new lights

- New tail lights purchased and installed

- New front side lights purchased and installed

- New indicators purchased

- New headlights to be purchased shortly

- Suspension I'm going to go a custom coilover setup. New short stroke front shock with adjustable height (HSD kit). Rear softer spring with adjustable seat.

This is all going to be sorted over the next few months. as ive got too many projects on atm :laff: so need my 180sx up and running before i start on the suspension on this. Will post pics of new light setup when i get a chance this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

What you get defected for?

- steering wheel not padded - he goes you might hit your head in an accident...i bit back the words of yeh i did already.. lol

- seat belts not retracting quick enough - WTF?!?!

- wheels protruding the guards - bullshit wheels are in the guards

- no filter on my weber - fair call trying to find a filter that fits a 32DIR weber?!?

- exhaust not attached/loose (bullshit its on its hangers cop was a dog i grabbed the exhaust and go look its attached...no its not...whatever cockhead..

so....i spent some money on the car.. lol Finished off buying all the lights and i also bought a set of brand new coilovers ! ended up not going the HSD and got some G4 Racing coilovers for cheap. Rears are a shock and spring in 1 (so easy to change spring rates if i want) and front is a custom job i need to cut up some spare ae86 suspension and use that. Also comes with camber tops so no more Demon Camber :)

New head lights are now on with Navar H4 globes

Heres a pic of before and after (right is stock left is new)

post-6051-0-93522300-1316406127_thumb.jpg

Heres a pic of it all changed over.

post-6051-0-05050100-1316406172_thumb.jpg

Edited by xris

yeh theyre attitude from the start "what are you driving a piece of shit like this for" got me annoyed straight away. was 9:45pm coming home from doing a 13 hour day just wanted dinner....

anyways yeh id love to see how a standard ke steering wheels going to offer me anymore support when i smash my head on it (like i did when i was rear ended hahahaha).

seat belts retract just not fast enough for this dickhead cop... i tried it out on my commodore 2002 vx and its just as fast....

unlucky with the defect, though most were avoidable:P

the car itself looks great though.

love the chome bars with the square lights.

considered the idea of painting the light surrounds satin black? seen it done before. looks quite cool.

was looking at how tatty they look atm when i had them off, was going to give them a touch up with a allumium coloured spray can ive got at the shop, i'll try black out on some spare ones ive got see which looks better.

What confused the cop even more. he goes"wheres your tyre placcard?) i go in the door edge..."urgggh its in pounds...can you convert this for me??" i go no sorry.....couldnt comprehend stretched tires. his mind couldnt understand the simple concept. ...."theres just something not right about those wheels?!?"