What Model Code Is It?

Dan

Members dont see this ad

If its a 73 Sedan, it should be a 2 door KE20. 4 Door KE20's weren't delivered in Australia, and I've only ever seen one. If it's a 4 door, it's a collectors item in Oz.

2 door coupe's are KE25's.

A good straight one can be worth anywhere between $600 and $2500. Usuallt around the $1000 and $1200. Would need photos.

Cheers

R

same place the 4 door ke10s come from

yep, seen a couple of them now.

ever seen a datsun c30 1800 with a g18 motor? just like a datsun 1600 only bigger and better (has rack and pinion steering). a mate has one, was a south african import as far as we know. rarer than rocking horse shit. he was thinking of selling it, maybe i should buy it.

Edited by Felix

i usually tell them by the roof (ke20 is a couple of inches higher) and the vent in the rear quarter. they have massively different tail as well, the whole bootlid and tail lights are impossible to confuse

by definition of car body shapes, a sedan has a full height side window to the top of the rear windscreen, a coupe side window starts to taper down before it reaches the rear screen line. you can see this very well in the pics rob posted

this is a general design rule that applies to any car, not just corollas, not just two doors

by definition of car body shapes, a sedan has a full height side window to the top of the rear windscreen, a coupe side window starts to taper down before it reaches the rear screen line.

That's one of the best descriptions I've heard. (seen) :D