Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How Much Psi Can A Stock 5K Take?

Featured Replies

Hey guys,

Just wondering how much boost/psi a stock standard 5k could take? I'm planning on doing a twincharge setup at the moment...

 

Cheers, Jake.

Do a search for madrolla's setup, fairly sure he put 20psi on a stock bottom end. If you run a 4K head on the 5K and drop the compression it's all about a good quality tune that doesn't detonate and rattle your pistons to bits.

Yeah Madrolla ran upwards of 23psi. I've also recorded 22psi on my data logger.

 

As said above its pretty easy to drop the CR of a 5k, then it really all does just come down to the tune, espeacially timing.

  • Author

Thanks guys. I knew I['d have to retard the timing but I'm not too keen on swapping the head for a 4k head, can't I just get the compression of the 5k head altered?

 

Cheers, Jake.

  • Author

t25? gt28? gt30?

 

Not really the right question, what an engine can handle is not measured in boost,

 

horsepower/ kw would be a better indication.

Well, I'm running an AMR500 supercharger at the moment, with plans to add a t25 into the mix. If that helps?

 

Cheers, Jake.

Mmmm twin charge, best of both worlds. Always wondered why this isn't more common.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.