Name That Weber

Xany

My brother just gave me this weber to put on my new engine and i can't for the life of me find anything on the internet that looks remotely like this weber....it weighs in at about 2kg :D and it has 2 35mm throats..can anyone tell me what they think it looks like???....its a little dirty atm but i'm going to clean it up before i chuck it on......

weber1.jpg

weber2.jpg

Ta

xany

Members dont see this ad

the throats at the bottom of the carb are 35mm correct?

looks like a weber design, but could maybe be a holley? open up the top plate (this is called the air horn) sometimes they have the manufacturer stamped in the float bowl. could also be an old motorcraft

i'll go flick thru some carby books and see what i can find

J

• 1 year later...
this carb is off a Fiat 124 Spyder

I would tend to agree with that too. I was helping a workmate work on his Alfa Sud the other day, and he had a similar carb. The oval shape at the top was also similar, if not the same. Walking through the wreckers a few weeks ago, i noticed that most of the Alfa's and Fiats have downdraft webers that looked very similar to yours (except for more hoses and linkages of course).

I was planning to use one of these carbs on my 5k, but someone pointed out that alot of these carbs are for pollution style engines. I'll try and find the quote and info he gave me.

Anyway here is a list of what Carbies the more popular cars came standard with. Toyota even got a mention.

http://64.233.187.104/search?q=cache:tFpOJ...eber+carb&hl=en

Edited by kangaroosa

i no longer have this carby on my engine....it was just a little too big....considering it came off a XD falcon with a 4.1L straight 6.

btw. it's a 34 ADM

i now have a 32 adfa on there.

i went through so many webers on my a14, read so many books on 'em, i now consider myself somewhat of a pro with dfv/dgv/dgav.

i am now running a dfv (from a pinto)

i was bored and looking through old posts so i thought i could shed some light on this in case someone else found one

Edited by mikeys toy