Crankshaft Pulley Bolt

Teddy

Ahoy peoples.

Just a quick question,

Does the crankshaft pulley bolt on a K series motor (doing 5K atm) have a reverse type thread? (Clockwize to undo) or is it a normal (anti-clockwize to undo) ?

Ive got access to all the SST's ever known to man, which Ive already made use off, but this one bolt has me rather stuck; the only fact in the Toyota manuals they don't tell you..

Ive got a hinting suspicion that IS a reverse type thread.. blast!

:D

Members dont see this ad

what is SST1 ?

One of the following ?

SST 09213-14014 (91651-60865)

SST 09330-00021 (09330-00030)

SST 09950-40010 (09957-04010)

SST 09950-50010 (09951-05010, 09952-05010,

SST 09953-05020, 09954-05020)

I'm soo close, this one bolt... aaahhh!!!

SST1 = big f@$king hammer, ie 1kg + head (everyone should have one in their toolbox). i have never failed to shock a crank bolt off yet, even without locking the flywheel.

i have never stuffed a radiator fortunately, but have come close. i have forgotten to remove a spanner i was using to turn the engine over whilst setting valve clearances before. i was lucky and just bent some fins, but didn't puncture the rad. funny how well you learn from your mistakes.

Edited by Felix

lol, been close to wanting to put things through the radiator of an Sv21 before; but must remember my job will last longer than the average camry :(

hmmm, 19MM spanner, with bigmofo hammer ey; could be fun.

Tomorrow afternoon awaits me :D

by the way, as you would know, we don't have access to toyota special service tools (most of them are a waste of time anyway) so rattling off part numbers of special-length breaker bars and funny shaped wrench heads is not going to help

there is NO part on a corolla that cannot be worked on in a backyard with a good socket and spanner set, some pliers, a rattle gun, a few screwdrivers, and a big f@$king bar and hammer