White Walls

abel00

Members dont see this ad

Just be careful if you get your tyres engraved and white-walled. You will probably need to continually apply paint to ensure the white walls stay white.

I had a set of tyres done a few years back, and because the tyres were relatively new, the whitewall gradually discolours down to brown.

You can get new tyres with white walls from places like Antique Tyres in Melbourne, or try your local tyre shop.

You can also get insert rings which go between the tyre and the rim and sit tight against the tyre when you blow the tyre up.

Also, check with the RTA about legals. I have heard talk of tyre engraving/whitewalling becoming illegal to do on non original whitewall tyres.

Just be careful if you get your tyres engraved and white-walled. You will probably need to continually apply paint to ensure the white walls stay white.

I had a set of tyres done a few years back, and because the tyres were relatively new, the whitewall gradually discolours down to brown.

You can get new tyres with white walls from places like Antique Tyres in Melbourne, or try your local tyre shop.

You can also get insert rings which go between the tyre and the rim and sit tight against the tyre when you blow the tyre up.

Also, check with the RTA about legals. I have heard talk of tyre engraving/whitewalling becoming illegal to do on non original whitewall tyres.

Use eagle one tire and wheel cleaner and the walls will stay crisp white, they need looking after and regular cleaning. Wait at least one month before getting them done on brand new tires.

Or you can try this. I have just got some, though I haven't applied it yet.

LINKY LINK

more info on it http://www.classicwh...t.blogspot.com/

And some guy selling cheap flappers out of Turkey http://shop.ebay.com.au/portawallshop/m.html

I saw coloured ones the other day but can't find them now.

Edited by blzbub666

yea they look good till they rub through your sidewalls!

I suppose you have first hand experience with this happening then? I have brand new tyres and these walls fitted PROPERLY never had an issue not with this car and none before.... Same with friends who have done the same with their cars and been fitted for years... I'd be more skeptical about someone purposely digging into the side wall of the tyre to paint fill it... Also if you maintain tyre pressures I see no issue arising from this and as far as tyre life is concerned I'd say you would be replacing tyres long before the insert had / has any effect

I suppose you have first hand experience with this happening then? I have brand new tyres and these walls fitted PROPERLY never had an issue not with this car and none before.... Same with friends who have done the same with their cars and been fitted for years... I'd be more skeptical about someone purposely digging into the side wall of the tyre to paint fill it... Also if you maintain tyre pressures I see no issue arising from this and as far as tyre life is concerned I'd say you would be replacing tyres long before the insert had / has any effect

Atlas whitewalls are quite hard and therefore have a tendency to mark the sidewall due to rubbing. In no way would it be possible for them to rub through the entire sidewall.

+1 not saying they are the perfect or best thing but they are an alternative to buying white walled tyres... If I was made of money I'd buy white walled tyres but getting them in a 12" size to suit is not the easiest or most cost effective for the rolla... If I were building a hot rod no doubt would go with genuine white walled tyres... Cookers etc.. I'm not a fan of the groves paint method but each to their own..