Timbo'S Ae86

timbo

yet another hang up in getting the car back, the smash repairers can't find suitable tie rod ends... i wouldn't imagine they would so hard to find!? plus they complained about the car taking so long and how busy they are... how about that fact i haven't had a car for 5 weeks! geeze!

• 4 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

issue semi resolved. after dicking around with the panel beaters it has been discovered that the car has a power steering crossmember... the old manual rack that was in there had been shimmed up from 35mm to fit the 50mm clamp on the power steering crossmember so when they tried to fit the new rack with super pro bushes on it they rang me up and told me the car had illegal modifications on it and they weren't going to be able to work on it. fools!

long story short i ordered some manual rack adaptor bushings from T3 over in the states, so hopefully they won't take too long and the car should be back on the road sooner than later.

in the mean time i have bought a trd short shifter, T3 rca's, upper hat system for my coilovers, adjustable cam gears and a new light weight single row crank and underdriven water pulleys. yay!

• 4 weeks later...

the grill is missing tabs and has never sat well so that does make it look a little worse, i will try and align them myself as best i can. the car has had a hit previously that looks track induced so it could explain them being a little off. in the end i got $6000 worth of work done for $900, although i shouldn't have to pay anything the car does look alot better than it was before!

This may be a bit late but welcome to Rollaclub! :) I've heard things about your former forum, sound like the same things I hear about bootlosing...I mean boostcrusing :laff: From the parts write-up it seems you've put a lot of time & thought into mods, it shows as the car looks sweet & I'll bet goes like stink!

Sorry to read about the semi-incident but happy to see that its repaired & back on the road! I'm loving the camber on those front wheels! Actually, the wheels themselves. :wub:

Missing tabs for front grille = Zipties for the win!!! You drive an AE86...don't you guys keep heaps of these in your boot? :P

haha yeah there is a whole pack in the glove box! the panel beaters actually got some screws and washers and fix the top half in and zip ties for the bottom half. if i had thought quicker when i had the accident i could have kicked in the grill and got a new one!

camber is around -2.5, -2.8 from memory. will be winding in some more castor after the T3 rca's and bearing top hats go in.

• 6 months later...