Timbo'S Ae86

timbo

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice!

What's the story of the heatshield stuff you have used. Is it purpose designed stuff you can buy, or have you made it up from something scrounged?

I've got factory shields on my dizzy/starter, but they always look a little insubstantial.

Ah cheers for kind words and bogan photo's of me!

Parrot, that stuff is made by ACL, you can get it from repco or supercheap. It's a multi layered sandwich design with fibreglass type stuff in between. It is really great stuff, the difference in heat between both sides is incredible. I would really recomend using some, only thing is it is a bit tricky to cut neatly, but then again I'm hopeless with sheet metal.

• 1 year later...

It's been some time.

The car now has TRD 272 cams in which are unreal. Only 7.5mm lift which means they can run without major valve work and survive on the stock ecu, although it has trouble idling sometimes. I finally got the Enkei's on the car and it's incredible how much difference the combo of 13x7 with 205/60's made. I opted for the Federal 205/60 595, great price and an overall excellent tyre, huge performance in dry grip and feel very safe in the wet.

Currently have both rear windows out. I wanted to fix up some over-spray from the panel beaters on the black trim, so I sprayed the right hand side on the car and ended up pulling both off after I found a little rust on the left hand side. Nothing major, two small holes on the left and some pitting on the right. Both areas had accumulated leaves and shit which must have been stuck there for a while. Figured if I'm going this far I may as well paint the roof. The paint is thin as shit and general pulls the car down to ghetto level...

IMG_2413.jpg

IMG_2407.jpg

IMG_2411.jpg

IMG_2408.jpg

enkeiad18gq.jpg

Agreed... Very cool car.

You should have kept the tube headers wrapped. People under estimate its benefits.

I would have, but it fell apart! I'm not sure if I put it on right, maybe I'll have another crack. Although some decent headers would be nice with a ceramic coating. Cheers again for the praise, labour of love.