**project:36**

st.nick

I know it's expensive, but when I degrease my engines, I buy one can of carby clean, it cleans more than 100 cans of degreaser could hope to...then I use normal degreaser for the easier bits.

You should do it Jamie...drop it on it's ass, matte black etc.

When you say KE55 dash, do you mean the one that moulds down towards the console, as opposed to the one that is moulded straight across with the extra section underneath for the heater controls?

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one guys!!

This is what its all about. Quality advice and experiences. I'll buy carby cleaner next time!! :)

Jamie- A slammed matt black van, dark windows, gunmetal painted bumpers and other chrome bits, and 17in shadow chrome wheels!!

Oh, and I tried fitment of a '96 corolla steering wheel on the my Van... Fitted perfectly!! Only issue was that the horn-contact-ring didn't line up. Shouldn't be difficult to fix :P I'll fit the '96 steering wheel again once it passes rego!!

haha, that would be like a death wagon. that's actually a pretty good idea :)

nikki (who owned the rollie ke30) was doing a similar thing with a ke36 wagon with the back doors welded up and the back seats plated over. stick in a coffin sub box and call the car "the undertaker" :P

nice idea with the steering wheel

xf alternators require a corolla front housing and longer stator bolts, and a few washers on the 4k block mount. if you're going over 6000rpm, underdrive it with a sigma pulley

Quick update:

She passed rego (but my wallet didn't), has all of its electrical stuff done (cept the driving lamps)...

Then once the wheel alignment was done... Issues!!

Its got -6 degrees camber!! About 3 times too much!! The LATE model Sigma arms are too long, and I will have to change them for shorter, EARLY model Sigma arms. They are similar in appearance to the Corolla unit, but about an inch longer... Which should be perfect (fingers crossed)

Stay tuned... :)