Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**project:36**

Featured Replies

I killed my old (worked 3T-c 5sp, LSD... tidy) KE36 by rolling it in the forest.

Mvc-009f.jpg

Was a sad, sad day. sob I wanted another KE36...

 

 

...and I found another one.

100_1172.jpg

Its a bit ratty, but IMPORTANTLY... everything is straight.

The 3k Bigport is knackered, and was gonna be replaced by a ?T-g. For now, its getting a kinda-fresh 4K. It'll be daily driver/weekend warrior for uni next year.

 

I am more into Handling and Stopping than BHP. As a result I have learnt HOW to get the most of these cars, and use the small amount of BHP that K engines have... Momentum, braking late, and hurling a KE at corners!!

 

So Project:36 (P:36) is gonna get the best setup possible, easy-easy setup!! No Corona Struts, Pug discs etc (tho I've put sigma arms in).

 

The 4k will get extractors, bigger carby and a side-pipe. I'll keep looking for a T-g and box... Then P:36 will get serious!!

 

Coming from a rallying background (3 years of Tas Championship in a 250BHP 4WD 323 turbo), P:36 will sit at standard height, with 4 driving lights, mudflaps etc... Interior is a KE30 dash, no carpet, no stereo. don't need carpet or stereo in a racecar!!

 

Watch this space...

  • Replies 65
  • Views 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

that's so cool =) can't wait to see more

how come all yours have metal sides? mine has windows

 

i was thinking the exact opposite with mine - stupidly low, almost a grand of stereo, crap brakes and ke55 dash :(

  • Author

Funny you mention the windows, as I have never seen one WITH glass!!

 

Both mine, and the other 3 local ones up here all have metal panels.

 

The reason for the standard height/ driving lights/ mudflaps is that this one is gonna spend time off the beaten track... I'll be looking at using it for going up scrub, officialling (hmm... competing??) at club rallies etc. My old van had frequenbt visits to the Great Lake and driftin' down on the beach!! :thumbsup:

i spotted one at the wreckers this weekend, also with glass (one smashed)

  • Author

Just goes to show how many different versions of each model there is...

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Spent a few hours in the RAIN :D today swapping motors in the van today...

 

The 4k that went in is a bit dirty, but was recently rebuilt apparently.

 

Gonna ditch the head swap til the van is all sorted and rego'd.

  • Author

**Update**

 

 

Got the 4k going today.. Just a few misplaced wires :)

 

Decided to give it a degrease too. Before and after pics follow...

 

engine.jpg

 

BEFORE

 

Image194.jpg

 

AFTER

 

Also fitted a thermo fan that was laying around (hence no fan on the front of engine). It should be sufficient to keep the 'K' cool!! :(

Image195.jpg

 

 

 

Next: Exhaust and shocks :)

Edited by st.nick

WOW.. there's an ENGINE in there!! :)

How clean did THAT come up after the degrease?

(looks under my hood) Gulp! I think I need quiet a few cans :( hahah

  • Author

"chickenfeed" (which is a cheap $2 junk store here in Tassie) had aerosol degreaser cans 3 for $5... Used 5 of them but its all good. I'm happy how it cleaned up!!

 

Only thing is that the grease and grime was probably keeping things sealed up... Watch it leak like a sieve now!!

Good work mate! I like the look of the "panel van" (no rear side windows or rear seats)

I might be selling my 2tg soon if you can't find one, and I'm in Hobart!

Keep it up and us updated.

  • Author
Good work mate! I like the look of the "panel van" (no rear side windows or rear seats)

I might be selling my 2tg soon if you can't find one, and I'm in Hobart!

Keep it up and us updated.

 

 

Hahaha... You know, I was reading your project topic last night and thought "Hmm... Wonder if he'd be keen to sell that motor" :(

 

PM me once you have a think... No rush, as I'm still broke :)

Well, if you can find me a 3tgte! :(

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

She's in the electricians this weekend...

 

I got an R31 Pintara alternator, and my electrician retro-fitted it into the Corolla housing. New bearings and stuff in it too. It should be adequate to handle the draw from 4xs 100W driving lights and that thermo fan!!

 

Fingaz crossed it'll be registered this week...

 

Keep ya'll posted :D

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.