Powercruise Discoveries

Corolla_Kid

lol sorry i was the one that must have been drinking! my mate and i spoke to you bout you rolla and we were super impressed i then left he told me about goin for a barn in the brown 13b but it was the R100 that he was refering too. Confussion bewteen the two of us.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lol sorry i was the one that must have been drinking! my mate and i spoke to you bout you rolla and we were super impressed i then left he told me about goin for a barn in the brown 13b but it was the R100 that he was refering too. Confussion bewteen the two of us.

Ah cool mate no worries, that would have been UFO69 dark purplish coloured r100, where you the guy asking about CA18's into ke10s?

• 1 month later...

Hey

Call me stupid, but I haven't heard of the term "mini-tubbing" before. I understand thoroughly what tubbing is, but mini tubbing :hammer: I'll take a wild guess and say that it's just a smaller version of tubbing? lol, I like confirmation. That is one freakin sick car, can't stop watching the video. Care to give some other photos?

Mini-tubbing basically consists of increasing the width of a stock wheelwell by opening up the well toward the centerline of the vehicle. On a unibody frame, it's done by drilling out all the spot welds that hold the inner sheetmetal wheelwell panels in the car. Then you cut the inner wheelwell panel in half lengthwise and butt-weld a strip of sheetmetal in between the two halves.

Generally speaking, mini-tubbing normally maintains all of the factory floorpan, body structure, accessory brackets and other components that give the vehicle its rigidity, crashworthiness, and other factory traits. Yet mini-tubbing allows you to stuff huge wheels and major rubber under the fender lips for a mind-bending look and spectacular performance.