Trev

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Went and picked up a bluebird electronic dizzy today so on the way back I thought I would go through Redcliffe for a perve, while doing a u-turn at the esplenade I thought I would get a pic, pity the piant and dent stands out:

post-1373-071249300 1301835786_thumb.jpg

jeez trev thats like 300m or so from my joint, you coulda come and said hi! me and reed were in the shed working on his 5k...

Edit: a dent, lol no rust but the dint confirms its a datsun :P (looking good tho.)

Edited by Ella

jeez trev thats like 300m or so from my joint, you coulda come and said hi! me and reed were in the shed working on his 5k...

Edit: a dent, lol no rust but the dint confirms its a datsun :P (looking good tho.)

Dang it.

What you talking bout, that is a NISSAN badge above that dent :P

Nice ute trev. I've got a set of 40mm solexs off dads 1600 that would be awesome on this!!

Stu.

L series manifold and all?

Today I swapped the dizzy over and looked at the old one, as thought, she was f@$ked, the advance was not working as the internals were all bent, runs a little nicer but just have to sort out the run on it has which is carby related but working on why.

My old 200b used to do that after a few race meets cause of the carbon build up, used to just rip the head off, clean all the carbon off everything with carby cleaner and back together, but this motor had 11:1 comp and sidies.

My old 200b used to do that after a few race meets cause of the carbon build up, used to just rip the head off, clean all the carbon off everything with carby cleaner and back together, but this motor had 11:1 comp and sidies.

Fresh engine, can't be carbon build up, pretty sure it is running a tad lean.

L series manifold and all?

Today I swapped the dizzy over and looked at the old one, as thought, she was f@$ked, the advance was not working as the internals were all bent, runs a little nicer but just have to sort out the run on it has which is carby related but working on why.

Yeah L series manifold, linkages and filters came off a L16 in dads 510 before I started doing the fj20t conversion. Let me know if your interested.

A f@$ked L series points dizzy never happen.lol

the one on the L16 was rebuilt about a year before we got the car. BHG and cheap fj with fit kit was the last straw.

Diggin the brown colour!!'. Very period. BTW just as the new GTR "it's still a datsun". But ain't nothing wrong with a datto!!

Stu.

Yeah L series manifold, linkages and filters came off a L16 in dads 510 before I started doing the fj20t conversion. Let me know if your interested.

A f@$ked L series points dizzy never happen.lol

the one on the L16 was rebuilt about a year before we got the car. BHG and cheap fj with fit kit was the last straw.

Diggin the brown colour!!'. Very period. BTW just as the new GTR "it's still a datsun". But ain't nothing wrong with a datto!!

Stu.

Would want heaps for it.

It does when someone smashes it with a hammer/bar and the cap, rotor button and points are replaced before you buy it.

Still is a Datsun but was actually made under the Nissan name as they were 1984 onwards.

I still call it a datto ute.