3T-Gte Into Ke10

moesey

I have a 3T-GTE and everything that goes with it(gearbox, k frame, exhaust,etc) out of a KE25 i was planning on putting it in a KE20 but can get my hands on a cheap KE10 iwas wondering if anyone would know if will it take much extra work to fit it to a KE10 as i have not had much to do with these thanks

Members dont see this ad

Everything is different.

The KE2x had the TE2x varient overseas so it was already mostly set up to accept a T engine and T box.

The KE1x only had the K engine and K box, so everything to fit will be custom.

In saying that, a 3T can and has been done but is a very tight fit.

And btw, a lot of work. Crossmember is far from bolt in, not too sure what you'd do about castor rod setup, then you have hydraulic clutch setup, firewall needs slight modding, custom mounts needed, custom gearbox mount, most likely new shifter hole cut, brakes, diff, loom, ecu, electronic fuel pump etc etc

If you're saying that the 3T-GTE was setup in a KE25, you may be able to use the crossmember from that to put in the KE10. The only issue you may have is clearance. Obviously you WILL have clearance issues with the gearbox tunnel, but you will more-than-likely have to do some fab work in the engine bay also. It should fit, but there is literally bees dick between the firewall and back of the head and also the water pump pulley and the radiator.

I'm not sure who has done it, but there are a handful of members who have put a KE2x crossmember,steering and suspension into their KE1x series Corolla.

You really have to fabricate the conversion yourself as it's not an off-the-shelf aftermarket bolt-in conversion.

Thanks that really helps, Yeah the engine was set up in the KE25 and I have literally everything to fit it to another car. I had a KE20 for my first car so thats why i was after a KE20 just getting a bit harder to get hold of but i think i will wait till i find one cheers