What Do You Think, 1Jz Or Sr20

Ke30 4 350

$1000 for a daily :yes:

sr conversion will cost around $4000

ijz conversion will cost around $5000

4age conversion can be done for around $1000-$3000 depending on what you have and what you can do yourself

5k will cost around $100-1000 depending on what you get and what you do yourself

7k would be around the same as 5k ,maybe $500 more

Members dont see this ad

I've spent almost 20000$ on my ke20. Full restoration, rebuild and conversion to twin sidedraft 5k. I've managed this much in 8 months. Real toys cost money.

Realistically You wouldn't get out of a decent sr20 conversion and rebuild for less than 20k and probably 30k for the J motor. You can sit down and think your gonna get out of it budget cos your good with a welder, but to do it right first time....your kidding yourself....

Yeah you might get it in there for less but over the next year or two you'll weed out yourr problems and realise you've blown the budget.

Edited by GJM85

thank you all, if you don't want to help me then fine, just stop flaming me.

for all you that have halped, thanks

for all those who just hate me, get lost

and thank you for viewing my thread. plz no more replies as there are douches out there that will flame me and you for stuff.

(how do you close threads)

I've spent almost 20000$ on my ke20. Full restoration, rebuild and conversion to twin sidedraft 5k. I've managed this much in 8 months. Real toys cost money.

Realistically You wouldn't get out of a decent sr20 conversion and rebuild for less than 20k and probably 30k for the J motor. You can sit down and think your gonna get out of it budget cos your good with a welder, but to do it right first time....your kidding yourself....

Yeah you might get it in there for less but over the next year or two you'll weed out yourr problems and realise you've blown the budget.

How does that go, power wise I mean...I'm hoping for a 3 month project length......like I said HOPING.... :blinks:

thank you all, if you don't want to help me then fine, just stop flaming me.

for all you that have halped, thanks

for all those who just hate me, get lost

and thank you for viewing my thread. plz no more replies as there are douches out there that will flame me and you for stuff.

(how do you close threads)

its not that we hate you or are intentionally trying to flame you...

but i think you will appreciate that if we gave an itemised required parts list (with prices) for 4age/sr20/3sge conversion into ke** for every one that asked for one, we would be writing lists all day. not to mention that prices are always variable, so in reality they don't mean much anyway.

and considering that all the information required for all of these conversions already exists somewhere, there is no real need for us to start listing stuff in every thread on this topic (about once every 3 days a thread like this comes up).

else i may as well just write up the list, save it on my desktop, and every time someone asks "what do i need and how much does it cost to put a 4age in my Ke**" i should just ctrl+c and ctrl+v. a viable option maybe, but that just encourages laziness.

so the idea is, you go away and do your own research on each of the conversions, spend hours, days, weeks researching, copy and pasting to ms word, saving photos into a directory for reference later. keep doing this untill you have covered every aspect of the conversion from cooling, wiring, manifolds, bolts, what parts you should buy new (clutch, spigot bearing etc)

and then if you have some specific things that you do not understand or need clarification on , then you ask, and people will be happy to help if you can show that you have put some effort into understanding but just haven't got there yet.

before i even bought the first thing i required for my 4age conversion, i had folders and folders of tech articles, photos, saved posts from people. all with very good information that i knew i would need. so when issues arrose during the conversion i had the info already there. which came in handy at 11am on a Saturday when i realised i needed a part from the wreckers and the wreckers closed in 30mins!

• Upvote 1

I'm still going ahead with it, looks like everyone says a 5k so i'll be starting with that and then maybe later the sr20. thanks for everyones help

(btw i don't intend to leech, but i don't seem to be able to do any solid amounts of research as i start and something happens and i hav to stop etc. so i figured this was a good way 2 find out)

I'm still going ahead with it, looks like everyone says a 5k so i'll be starting with that and then maybe later the sr20. thanks for everyones help

(btw i don't intend to leech, but i don't seem to be able to do any solid amounts of research as i start and something happens and i hav to stop etc. so i figured this was a good way 2 find out)

It's obviously not on your list of priorities.

priority #1 tgrade me corolla and buy a bommodore/skyline/subaru.

prioriy#2 realise there's nothing like and original 1982 ke55 or a 1972 ke25 or a 4age powered ke70 etc.....

priority #3 get married, have kids and forget all about cars cause your f@$ked.... like me....

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/50163-defected-ke30-3tc/page__pid__514150#entry514150

buy that get it freighted for 500, use trade plates from your work drive it home strip it and swap it over. Strip the shell and make some money back and your set. I think you'll find that to be enough power for you for now and when you crash it or destroy the engine parts are cheap.

Just my opinion of what I would do.

Cheers Tom

My corolla had a 1j, it needed alot of work, eg bigger tunnel and recessed fire wall, I think the biggest u can go in nsw keeping legal is a sr20 non turbo or a ca18 turbo, they did just change the compasity laws, just ring an engineer and ask the question