The Beemer

67Rolla-Ken

Hi all,

As requested by Spencer I'm starting a build thread for my new wheels.

Well things are not looking to rosy this morning...I am having the buyers remorse:

gallery_4749_646_1975074.jpg

I felt sick when I moved the car (after charging the battery that went flat over night) and saw this.

Other than the fact that she doesn't like to keep her oil in and runs the battery flat over night... she washes up a treat :blinks:

gallery_4749_646_758918.jpg

gallery_4749_646_1308111.jpg

gallery_4749_646_1006867.jpg

Well this is the first time I've been conned on a car purchase :(

She really felt good in the test drive and looked like she just had a few minor electrical faults with non essential systems... now I know why my low offer was accepted. :P

Edited by 67Rolla-Ken

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My mum has one similar to this :lolcry:

She had/has similar problems.. got the oil leak fixed i think but there are various small electrical problems still eg. brake light is always on.

Feels nice to drive though :wink:

Thats not cool bro. Lets hope its a relativly easy fix that fits inside their asking price and your low ball offer.

On another note at least it cleaned up overrated. The E30 is one of my favourites (not surprising as I'm a ksev fan :P)

And those chrome guard lips are totally pimping! Want for Cop Bait!

OK rear main seal or input shaft seal (not sure which yet) and alternator will be getting replaced next week or week after... If I can get that done and replace the drivers window reg for under $1k (which it's looking possible) than I'm all good.

Not the steel I thought but still a decent buy :)

$2K for one of these is still a good buy especially since it is a 325.

If you get it fixed for under $3k you are still doing well!! Whack some Sportmax wheels on it and cruise it. They all seem to have the same electrical problems - as long as it still drives well etc don't worry about it and just enjoy it for what it is.

Nice car, looks like an alright pickup. Pity about the oil leak.

I find the bimmerboard.com forums to be the best source of info for my E32 7er. Get your parts from the US... I find including post it works out to about 1/4 to 1/3 of local prices.

yo.

Had a few e30's in my time in Nz. Jump on bimmersport.co.nz - so many knowledgeable people and sweet cars on the site. Unsure about shipping parts from Nz but its pretty plentiful over there for e30's.

As for the electrical fault, grab a multimeter and check on the relays in the fuse box in the engine bay. Had the same prob in one of mine and someone had used the wrong relay and it was draining the battery.

unlucky so far..but it looks nice!!

ive been in a 318i one, and the poor little 1.8L was struggling a bit..

how do these things go with the 2.5L I6? must go pretty well?

i always wanted an e30, but have always been a bit hesitant re: parts cost.....