The Beemer

67Rolla-Ken

Thanks guys. NO engine conversion in the works for this car, just tidy up and use as my daily.

Might look at getting her some visual upgrades (angel eyes, clear or smoked indicators and parkers, new boot spoiler etc.) but nothing mechanical unless required.

The 325e has a 2.7lt straight 6 (only 90kW but supposedly fuel efficient and emissions friendly), feels ok power wize but the diff feels like it couldn't handle it if I gave it stick.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Only 90kw? *shrugs* Any idea on its torque output? Just out of curiosity... Guess with the diff you'll just have to stop rippin hectik skids all the time & it'll be fine :wink: :laff: :laff:

Heard they're a good drive when looked after so I reckon you're on the way to happy days. :y:

Ahh the Eta, possibly the _worst_ engine BMW ever made in regards to "pure driving pleasure". Take all the hard work they ever did in making smooth, powerful, rev-happy inline sixes and strangle it to within an inch of its life. The fact that it has a 4800rpm redline and the same power from 2.7L as the 2.0L version of the same engine (albeit with proper tuning, no emissions crap etc) tells all.

Ahh the Eta, possibly the _worst_ engine BMW ever made in regards to "pure driving pleasure". Take all the hard work they ever did in making smooth, powerful, rev-happy inline sixes and strangle it to within an inch of its life. The fact that it has a 4800rpm redline and the same power from 2.7L as the 2.0L version of the same engine (albeit with proper tuning, no emissions crap etc) tells all.

I was about to say that. :P

The M20B25 is an infinitely better engine... 120-ish kw on an average day. Cheap as buggery too, they're everywhere.

:lol: I was well aware of all this before I brought her ;) Needed something to be slow and fuel efficient.

OK updates: It was the sump gasket leaking not the rear main... that just raises more questions to me :hmm:

.... and the bastard had wound the odometer back and broken it doing so! :bash:

He gave me the service history, the car went from 190 something thousand k's to now having 170 and not moving. :(

At a guess I'd say she's got somewhere around 210-230 thousand k's... if she was a Toyota that wouldn't be an issue but for a beemer engine :hmm:

Despite all this she drives well and I quite like having a sunroof :D

Just taking the mickey...I know stuff all about BMW's & lost all interest completely after Chris Bangle got ahold of the reins.

I would've thought the rear mains would be a fair bit of work to replace so the sump gasket being the problem seems a good thing...what are you thinking?. Maybe the original sump was damaged then replaced? :hmm:

I don't know why people wind back odometers still...kinda pointless (especially if you're a dumbass & break things & hand over a service history that contradicts things) isnt it?

Edited by carbonboy

Nothing in the service history and I would like to think a mechanic wouldn't stuff up putting a sump gasket on.

I've driven her a bit now and she's great to drive. I can get new cogs for the odometer so I'll see how hard it is to get to them and check if that's the problem.

Very nice. My plans are fix what's broke and maybe get a good set of angel eyes.

Got a new tail light, new leather shifter knob and a hi-amp alt on the way. Once that all gets here the subs and amp are going in the boot :evil:

Decided 67Rolla shouldn't have to put up with 2x500WRMS in her boot :lol: