The Crown

LukeAE71

I acquired this MS85 Crown a few weeks back and plan to get it on the road and enjoy it.

Here are some pics that were supplied before I looked at it -

post-7149-074445800 1302954133_thumb.jpg

post-7149-027172400 1302954219_thumb.jpg

post-7149-040366300 1302954239_thumb.jpg

Since I got it I have managed to get it running. I polished it today and will take some pics tomorrow to show how much more amazing it looks now its all sparkly and clean! It really is quite a tidy car. After that I just want to put some rego on it and get it driving.

Plans include:

Twin Whitewalls

KE20 Chrome Mirrors to replace the huge elephant ear ones on there - if anyone has a pair of these they are willing to part with let me know

Crown Hubcaps - maybe???

I'm not sure what I will do with it once it is on the road... will wait and see. I may eventually pass it on to someone else. If I do I would only plan to price it at what it has cost me to get it back on the road. I don't think the previous owner would be too upset - after all I have taken it out of the shed, rejuvenated it back to life and put it on the road again for someone (even if it's not me!!) to enjoy it as it should be.

I'm enjoying this adventure to get this thing back on the road and will share the pics along the way.

Enjoy!!

Edited by LukeAE71

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dude! you and me, cruising!

I keep thinking..... the day I drive this down Nick better have the Cressy out front for me to snap a pic of them together!!! :dance:

blzbub - this thing has a LPG tank in the boot but I still reckon there is room for four bodies :lolcry: :blush: The boot is HUGE

Here are the pics from after a bit of a polish and freshen up....

post-7149-027193600 1303013353_thumb.jpg

post-7149-056636000 1303013505_thumb.jpg

post-7149-037509500 1303013643_thumb.jpg

post-7149-083337200 1303013809_thumb.jpg

I still need to clean the windows and polish the chrome work.

Any suggestions on products to use for polishing the chrome are more than welcome. I want it to POP!

The Crown was registered today and went on its maiden voyage tonight up and down the street.

It is in dire need of a tune up and also a new battery as it doesn't appear to be holding charge. The lights are quite dull and the indicators only flash when everything else is switched off. Other than that the car is so smooth and quiet!!!! Will make an awesome cruiser.

Whitewalls will be getting done in a couple of weeks and then I'm going to take some cool pics of the car.

I'm really feeling the Bay to Birdwood in this car this year!

Great score Luke, gotta love Crowns!!

This colour could look good with some mags on it (like the Tasman's in the Crown ute in my sig), but Crown 'caps with whitewalls should look a treat too!

Owner of that ute has 7 Crowns now (with 2 utes and 2 wagons) - he just picked up a cheap '83 MS123 Royal as a daily!

Edited by TOM