Toyota.au Being Funny...

st.nick

Remember when the Corolla Sportivo came out??

The slogan was:

"Corolla by name, not by nature."

Any thoughts on exactly WHY Toyota chose this slogan?? (Corolla History Buffs will get it straight away)

f@$k I laughed when I saw the first advertisment using this slogan... Marketing Genuis

Thoughts??

Members dont see this ad

pfft, what do they know!?

for corollas to be slow common cars they'd have to have small engines and have production numbers in the hundreds of thousands for each model and - oh hold on a sec :(

or maybe they mean the new ones are unreliable and easy to kill

yes, that's true. before 1968 when toyota released the ke10, the world "corolla" was purely a botantical term, and had been for a very long time

by definition, the corolla of a flower is the part it uses to attract insects to the flower, for the purposes of getting them to spread pollen. the corolla is divided into segments, each segment is called a "petal"

to me, they were referring more to its' reputation as a common plain slow small car. sure, i love the damn things, but they're not exactly a rare or exotic performance car by any means

it's a saying that's pretty open to interpretation. it means what you want it to mean, like art :(

yes, that's true. before 1968 when toyota released the ke10, the world "corolla" was purely a botantical term, and had been for a very long time

by definition, the corolla of a flower is the part it uses to attract insects to the flower, for the purposes of getting them to spread pollen. the corolla is divided into segments, each segment is called a "petal"

CORRECT!!! Give the man a Freddo Frog!! :)

How'd I know you'd get it Jamie!! :(

Next one:

Why are the 'Hot' versions of the Corolla called "Levins"??