Side-Draught Wont Fit

JordyKE

Cam, have you ever actually tried that ke30 engine mount swap to upright the motor? Because I briefly tried it for this exact reason with no success, just wondering whether you've had better luck.

There is definitely a difference between the engine mounts, i'm not sure about the 10mm difference though. I'm so confused because i changed engines originally then bought another 4K and well i lost the KE26 mounts :blush: so now i'm not really sure which ones i have.

Members dont see this ad

Alright so i've just got home and whacked on the carby again (as i took it off to put the engine in properly).

I've attempted putting the air filter back on with the casing. What i'm maybe thinking of doing, is cutting out a bit of the casing (for the air filter) so that where it hits the strut are of the body the filter just pushes in. Or i get a 1 - 3/4 inch k&n filter (thankyou corolla_bitten for the link)

Seeing as you guys have been pretty frigen helpful. I have another problem. I attached my tailshaft to the gearbox, and uhhhhhhhh either I'm ridiculously stupid and have never noticed this but the tailshaft comes up short (WTF) have a look, sorry about the shitty pic.

post-10677-0-22136900-1305897456_thumb.jpg

Also difference in starters. The bottom one being the one i ran originally with the K50. The one that came with the engine is shorter in length (top one), and the gears don't stick out as much..... :hmm:

Lets face it i'm having A LOT of trouble.

post-10677-0-94871200-1305897681_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Philbey yes I have done the engine mount trick. And does work. Now I pulled measurement from top of my head mount isn't like 10mm thicker. But from strut tower to rocker cover when using a later mount is about 10mm pushed back towards driver so enough to get carbies on.

If you use a worn mount the motor will sag. So possibly a dead mount when you tried it philbey?

Ok JordyKE with your gearbox pic that is normal...but your gearbox is missing a part :(

On the end of the gear box there should be a cup shaped metal item. Press fits on end of gear box and covers the tail shaft helping to keep dust and dirt you there the same on all K boxes so get hammer remove one from the 4 speed you removed problem solved.

As when you go over a bum and the diff moves the tail shaft would come forwards so if it came up closer it would hit the gear box this is not good. So get the cap problem solved.

Cheers

Cameron

Alright, well it always had the 5speed box in it. But this part has obviously gone missing. It will still drive?

And is it just a matter of getting one off a four speed , then putting it straight onto my gearbox? Or is it more complicated than that?? Like does it slide on or what.

Thanks for the info.

Have the same problem with twins on my KE20, though I haven't had time or money to do anything on the car in what seems like months.

I was informed a spacer could work but was concerned about how it may affect other areas of the engine. I guess the later L/H mount is the fix. I need about 10mm to fit the last ram tube on. I've got redline socks to go on aswell.

post-8643-0-70838800-1305954811_thumb.jpg

Alright, well it always had the 5speed box in it. But this part has obviously gone missing. It will still drive?

And is it just a matter of getting one off a four speed , then putting it straight onto my gearbox? Or is it more complicated than that?? Like does it slide on or what.

Thanks for the info.

Yep that's right, just tap off with a rubber hammer or small piece of wood and hammer, make sure you don't bend it. Drop your tail shaft off and tap it on evenly, reinstall tail shaft for best results. :y:

I have been having the same problem with a friends KE20 i've been working on.

I could fit 3 ram tubes but the one against the tower would not fit. I looked in to filters from a UK company called Pipercross. They make a filter to suit that comes in at 40mm which is exactly the room remaining, though i never bought one and tried it.

The owner has now taken the car to a workshop to be tuned and they have told him that ramflo filters will fit. Judging from your picture my guess is they wont but i guess i'll find out soon...

Yep that's right, just tap off with a rubber hammer or small piece of wood and hammer, make sure you don't bend it. Drop your tail shaft off and tap it on evenly, reinstall tail shaft for best results. :y:

Ohk no worries, i will get that done asap. Haha and i'll try not to forget to reinstall the tailshaft :lolcry:

Thanks mate.

As for the filter, i did a dodgy for now, but i think it will work fine and you would never notice it. I cut the aluminium mesh cover for the filter so it fits over now. I'll post a picture tonight so you can see. Cheers.

PS. She's running and sounds very tough.

keep an eye on the foam. if it starts deteriorating due to rubbing, small parts of it's gonna get sucked through your motor

otherwise, can't see any issue with what you;ve done.

will be interested to see this one in action. :D sounds good, and glad to hear you're back on the road.

keep an eye on the foam. if it starts deteriorating due to rubbing, small parts of it's gonna get sucked through your motor

otherwise, can't see any issue with what you;ve done.

will be interested to see this one in action. :D sounds good, and glad to hear you're back on the road.

Ahh yes, good point Dave!! I will keep a close eye on it.

I'll drop by sometime. Honestly it's very loud. I've driven it once, and i think I'm over it haha.

Thanks for the help!