May 19, 201115 yr comment_525242 Gday guys, I've called it a day. Nearlly giving up on the whole car ha. I have a KE26, I'm putting an engine in atm, with a single sidedraught. Let the picture do the talking. Report
May 19, 201115 yr comment_525247 Yeah, surely there is some kind of slim line air filter you can find or customise. PS: pm me if you still have the elec dizzy. Edited May 19, 201115 yr by blzbub666 Report
May 19, 201115 yr Author comment_525248 I'm not too familiar with these carbs and air filters. But i know what you mean. I'm going to try and put a big spacer in the passenger side engine mount, and that will lift it up and hopefully clear the body. Report
May 19, 201115 yr Author comment_525249 Yeah, surely there is some kind of slim line air filter you can find or customise. Bloody well hope so haha. This engine transplant is taking me a lot longer than what i thought it would. Report
May 19, 201115 yr comment_525259 Yeah put a spacer under the engine mount! 10mm seems typical from memory? If it still doesnt fit maybe get a hammer out? Hahaha Edited May 19, 201115 yr by KENut Report
May 19, 201115 yr Author comment_525263 Where could i go to get a filter? A slimline one. And yeah ill try a spacer first, if i can get one. Report
May 19, 201115 yr comment_525299 This could present you the opportunity to maybe get some kind of airbox fabricated so you can pull cleaner air from somewhere? Report
May 19, 201115 yr comment_525301 KE 30 LH engine mount I believe will achieve the same outcome. I had custom uni-filters made for mine. Report
May 20, 201115 yr comment_525416 I had 36mm tall unifilter assembly made for my KE16 tiwn sidedrafts, I believe they're an even tighter fit than KE20s. check the pics in my rides thread. Report
May 20, 201115 yr comment_525439 Hi, KE1X and KE2X passenger side engine mount is smaller than a KE3X to KE7X. So if you bolt on a KE70 engine mount it will up right motor more (I think 10mm off top of head, and KE70 mounts have a heat sheild for rubber and are newer so usually better condition. This should give you clearence. If not I have seen strut tower section cut out and a box weld in so it steps in then out better than a hammer and clears the carbies. Cheers Cameron Report
May 20, 201115 yr comment_525512 the shortest fileters you can get from k&n are 1 3/4 inch high. heres the catalogue, it may help http://www.knfilters.com/Racing/customcarb.htm Report
May 20, 201115 yr comment_525575 Cam, have you ever actually tried that ke30 engine mount swap to upright the motor? Because I briefly tried it for this exact reason with no success, just wondering whether you've had better luck. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now