Window Fell Down

So last night, I was driving home and I wanted to put the window down, then, it fell down and now I am unable to get it out. Any recommendations for what to do; can I do it myself repair? Been looking for a Gregory's manual for KE30 Corolla's but no luck. Any help would be great.

Members dont see this ad

Take off door lining, attach back onto winder mechanism.

I've nearly taken off the door trim, but I just can't get the window winder off. How would you go about doing that? I'm trying the good ol rag trick, but I don't think it's working. Will keep trying though.

Taking off my window winder, it had a metal clip in a U shape on the inside, that I had wedge off with a screwdriver and some foul language. My dad made easy work of it though haha

Hope this helps

Yep, the screwdriver worked great. Now, I have everything sorted, I just need to put the window back on the winding mechanism. Is there a trick to it at all?

Theres a U channel thats glued to the glass. The tab on the bottom of the channel attaches to the window regulator with 2 6mm (10mm head bolts).

Just be careful as the tab on the bottom of the channel also sits in a couple of hooks on the window regulator. When its sitting in the hooks, the holes will line up and you shouldn't have any problems.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm now a pro at putting those rails back on. :lolcry: :wink:

Push the rubber bit over the glass, then use a hammer to tap the rail onto the rubber. Don't be scared with the hammer as it takes a bit of force to get it back on properly.

i usually (yes it happends often) spread the metal bit open with a pair of pliers, put glass inside with rubber bit, put whole thing in vice..and squeeze it.

then it will probably fall off again about 1 week later.

silicon is the way to go!