Ke38 Panelvan 'grace' Now With More Sr20!

caibs

Members dont see this ad

i do have a cas and a couple sets of coils but i was planning on keeping them incase i ever step up to a stand alone ecu. i'll have a look in my spares box and see if i have more than one cas but i have a feeling i gave it to the guy who bought the d.e and one of the broken d.e.t's

• 2 months later...

been a while since i've updated. i havent really done sweet ʞ©$ɟall to be honest, just been driving it every day and not for a while there i was stoked not having to work or spend money on it. though i have amassed a small plethora of bits and peices.

anywho, for pictures and progress

as it sits;

IMG_20141116_161116_zpswwlcxe7m.jpg

put a tacho in finally. still need to mount the boost gauge somewhere though.

20141201_180051_zpsf8qmlxkw.jpg

and a sneakpeak of the something that hints to the biggest change on the horizon

2537c1b2-da28-45c8-a6de-36b4bad225b8_zps22141065.jpg

though i regret not going for 15x9's, i think i could squeeze them in..

Snapchat--216023397642320542_zps558sntif.jpg

Edited by caibs

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Had dramas putting in a couple sets of cams so stuck with the stock ones.

Exhaust manifold was replaced with a factory cast unit and a gt2860rs was put on. 3" exhaust as well with a single muffler. Quieter than before!

Boost up to 18psi and it happily makes 270rwhp and feels stronger throughout the rpm range.

Looking forward to the track opening again in September.

Edited by caibs

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Had to get some new wheels made for the new coilovers, went with a 15x6 +0.

Had a few setbacks, hoping to get it into the suspension shop this week or Saturday at the latest. Drove it down the street, suspension feels much, much more suited to the car. I look forward to having it all dialled in.

20151006_154435_zpsm9imkx8k.jpg

20151006_064116_zpsmu53mw5r.jpg

The rims will be going silver soon.

Quite a bit now, it was around a +12 before and the tyre just touched. Now it's +0 so I'm guessing around 10mm clearance I'll grab a photo for you tomorrow when I put the wheels back on it. The nuggets who swapped the tyres over dropped a valve in one of the tyres so you can hear it bouncing around, will grab it back off them sans extra valve tomorrow.

well its definitely more than 10mm. i got the verniers on it last night and it appears like theres about 26mm clearance now at the narrowest point which is the lower spring locking rings to the tyre. the tyres are a 195/55/15. I dropped it at the shop this morning.

i had issues with one side of the ajps caliper brackets sitting too close to the base height adjustable locking ring. it required either a smaller bolt head (18mm bolt heads were supplied) or no washer. strangely enough the passenger side is fine, with about 1-2mm clearance, just the drivers side is out.

20151010_073405_zpsmaimzekm.jpg

Edited by caibs

Man that helps heaps. So I've just been crunching some numbers:

So for your car, your tyres are wider than your wheels and that's what you took the clearance off so I'll work with that. 195/2 (for 0 offset) = 97.5mm. + the 26mm of clearance means you have 123.5mm from the mounting face of the hub to the locking ring of the coilover.

Assuming I set base height the same as yours - my wheels are 9" or 225mm, + about 20mm for the bead at each side so let's just say a 245mm tyre. Half that -10 (for offset) = 112.5mm from the mounting face of my wheels to the outside of the theoretical 245 tyre. So if my math it's correct I should have 11mm of clearance at the same base height you have.

Is there anything I'm missing? For anybody else who wants to weigh in I'm looking at buying the same shockworks coilovers as caibs hence why I'm basing my calcs off his car.