5 Speed Upgrade

Members dont see this ad

Just my 2c;

I'd keep the 4spd in it; unless your doing highway driving all the time or have some sort of high powered 4k(?)

I used to have a 5spd thinking it was better cos more gears; that's how it works right? lol

Then the 5spd cacked itself and i needed a gearbox quick, picked up a 4spd and it was so much nicer to drive.

Realised i didn't really need 5th gear and was more hassel than anything else.

Anyway gl with the gearbox swap; those things are light as in a ke70!

First 4 gear ratios are the same except in the early boxes, 5th is just a higher gear tacked on the end of a KE70 4speed.

You're right, we never use 5th around town, 4th is just fine- but 5th is handy at 100kph, that 300rpm drop makes the car a bit more civilised.

Yeh I drive about 15 mins to work every morning and sit on 100ks 90% of the way so 5th gear would be heaps better for me

I very rarely drive through the city or in traffic because of my work hours I avoid most the traffic

First 4 gear ratios are the same except in the early boxes, 5th is just a higher gear tacked on the end of a KE70 4speed.

You're right, we never use 5th around town, 4th is just fine- but 5th is handy at 100kph, that 300rpm drop makes the car a bit more civilised.

Ahh rightio, i had myself an early gearbox; preferred it for driving to work through the hills every day. Felt like a rally car!