Maree The Red Spirit

mhmills

Members dont see this ad

haha good work jake came up a treat must get around to cut and polishing mine. What product do u recomend?

I just used that cheap polyglaze shit, it's only $10 a tin. I'm sure there's better quality cut and polish out there, but that stuff did the trick. I pulled up to my house today on my lunch break and the car reflected the sun and blinded the crap out of me. If that helps :P

Cheers, Jake.

Yeah, but I don't want to spend too much money on her. I was planning to pull the whole interior out at some point and cleaning the shot out of it.

Thanks Spencer, I reckon it came out sweet too. Just need to get the colour code so I can respray the the stone tray.

Cheers, Jake.

Colour and trim is JC-UE-HA.

Its called centre red, you can get a pressure pack from colour matched from autobarn for $30.00 Did the rust repair sections on mine and was okay. Only the finish was like a saturn. Just ask for gloss.

Edited by "The Mint KE70"

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to get my hands on a replacement front slanty bumper. Planning on getting it on tomorrow. Also removed the beaver panel and going to attempt to respray it tomorrow. I've also replaced driver's mirror, only to discover that my passenger side mirror was stuffed as well. Been hunting a replacement for 2 weeks now. That's all for now, I'll update it this thread tomorrow with photos.

Cheers, Jake.

So I finally got around to putting some of it back together. All I have to do is put the front stone tray back on and my newly acquired slant bumper. I took some photos mostly out of boredom. Also check out my "Hektik" sound system... When I took it for a test drive, it had a Fleetwood Mac tape in it :P

Cheers, Jake.

post-11811-0-53022800-1309654545_thumb.jpg

post-11811-0-99970400-1309654560_thumb.jpg

post-11811-0-93986900-1309654578_thumb.jpg

post-11811-0-17312500-1309654601_thumb.jpg

So I managed to find some time to put my gloss black resprayed stone tray back on. I will admit there is one bolt that is an absolute bitch, mostly because I couldn't get my grill off and didn't want to break it :P Also got the newer bumper in and hooked up. Much happier now.

Also going to try and get the interior out tomorrow for a good clean. I will probably just replace the carpet. Might go to Pick-a-Part tomorrow.

Cheers, Jake.

post-11811-0-62395000-1309689284_thumb.jpg

post-11811-0-31133300-1309689343_thumb.jpg

Edited by mhmills