October 6, 201312 yr comment_668604 very nice! good work Brett. keep it up looking forward to it being finished! :D Report
October 16, 201312 yr Author comment_669501 Car back on the ground and rolling, moved it to my new house so will start the finishing touches in the next few weeks both cars sitting in there new home. Report
March 21, 201412 yr Author comment_679796 No updates unfortunately. Waiting to get the money together to 4 link and coilover the diff and get an exhaust made. Report
June 29, 201412 yr Author comment_684799 ok so update time. after a couple months of getting things together to 4 link the van, I made an epic discovery that meant I could mount the particular g series diff that I have into the van with out having to fabricate anything. So this is how I mounted the diff, I discovered that a 1966 hr series holden diff plates are about the right size to fit the hilux u bolts through and also fit the standard shock absorber. the diff I have is from a yn85 hilux and is 1440mm wide, I have no idea if other diffs fit like this as ive never seen one. also other make and model cars may have plates that fit like the hr ones do. I had to drill the holes out a bit bigger to suit the larger hilux u bolt. then I fitted them on to see how that looked as u can see, the diff plates fold up the side of the leafs making the ubolts to long, I made some spacers to fill the gap, but u could source shorter ubolts from somewhere or keep cutting the thread further up the u bolt if u had a die set. now there is a mount to fit the shock just like factory, repeat for both sides and ur g series diff will be mounted with out having to fabricate anything. Report
November 16, 201411 yr Author comment_690742 This doesn't exits anymore. Took the motor setup out and used it in another shell. Report
November 17, 201411 yr comment_690787 Ah, all that work... Still in a KE70?? Can you transfer stuff across? Report
November 19, 201411 yr Author comment_690879 Yeah it's in a sedan now. 4 weekends it's taken me and it's almost ready to drive. Just needs tailshaft, exhaust and throttle cable. Report
February 20, 201511 yr Author comment_694363 For anyone who might of been wondering what happened. I transferred everything into a ke70 sedan. And now it does this. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now