3Vz-Fe Into Ke20

tdg61

post-3616-0-41032500-1309571823_thumb.jpgpost-3616-0-74962700-1309571961_thumb.jpgpost-3616-0-50777500-1309572818_thumb.jpgHere's my project. It has been on the back burner for a while, but is now picking up pace. This started as a granny spec ke20, that I bought about 9 years ago. The original plan was to turbo the fiat engine I got from a friend, and just run it as a street oriented car. You can see it in the attached picture. This has been taken out now, and was loaned to my friend for his 9 second Honda s600. I,ve since got it back and will use it for another project. The plan is to north-south a 3vz-fe motor from the wide bodied camry (which I've done) and with a C4 auto fit it into the 20. Diff is the trusty old nine inch with full spool. The diff that was in it, came from a 620 ute (datsun). They need little if no modding to fit. This however doesn't suit my plans any longer, so it's definately a nine inch. The motor will be supercharged with a Rotrex supercharger, which should be here any day now. It's the new C38-92 model rated at 720hp. Originally I was going with a big garrett turbo, but the idea of a supercharger just appeals to me. As it all happens I'll post pics and descriptions.

• 1 month later...
Members dont see this ad

Hey mate, just searching around for info for my own project I found this. Sounds the goods, I'll be keeping an eye on this hoping to see updates. Best of luck with the project, there's a few man hours in it but she'll be pretty sweet when done.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for that Paul. Sorry, I havent been on the forum for a while. I have been waiting on the sale of my house in Brisbane to start getting serious about the project. Next big thing is to buy my wheels and tyres (10.5" slicks), so I can 4-bar the rear end. If you need any info on a similar project feel free to ask.

• 2 years later...

Thanks Troy. Saw your car in one of the magazines. Looks fantastic. I won't be turboing the 2j. I'm using a rotrex supercharger. Should make good numbers. These units are very effecient. Doing firewall and floor at the moment. Pictures soon.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...