November 20, 200520 yr Author comment_83323 cans? I buy autosol in tubes like toothpaste...and if you're wheels have been painted, then they will need alot of work. You could always rub them down with sandpaper getting finer and finer as you go, then autosol...or just polish them ALOT with autosol, not alot all at once...just alot of times. I had dull jellybeans on my old XY and I polished those f@$kers probably 40 times...and by the end they were SHINY :jamie: Report
November 20, 200520 yr comment_83325 Yes finding a person who specialises in metal polishing wouldnt be too hard it just depends on the cost. yeah ive already tried the sandpapering them down and using autosol, but they are being real pricks, its so bloody hard to get a bit of shine out of them, i used a fair bit of autosol on them a little while before taking the photo, but by the rate I'm going it would probably be cheaper to buy new wheels than to keep buying autosol :jamie: its a tricky one, the fella who decided to paint the wheels with $2 spray paint needs to be smacked in the face...... really hard... Edited November 20, 200520 yr by Fayt Report
November 20, 200520 yr Author comment_83326 Sandpapering sort of has to work if you do it right, use harsh stuff first, to take the layers of crap off. Can't go wrong Report
November 21, 200520 yr comment_83386 Ah yes, rice hunting, its atleast an every second thursday night ritual for me :lol:, i usually just follow a bunch of em, wait to see who is dominating there little boy racer session then annihilate him in front of his crew lol :jamie: ah i love my KE20 :paw: Report
November 21, 200520 yr Author comment_83387 :jamie: nice One good thing about mine is that it doesn't have a BOV or a massive intercooler, it gives no hint to anything other than a corolla with an exhaust. Sneaky sneaky...not full sleeper, since it has mags and is very low, and loud...but let's call it half a sleeper :paw: Report
November 21, 200520 yr comment_83392 Yep thats been the goal for my car, very very little is obvious at first glance, driving along its pretty quiet, it stays quiet up to the point when the external wastegate opens :jamie: hey could you post me link to some pics of your sc install? Cheers Scott Edited November 21, 200520 yr by oke020 Report
November 21, 200520 yr Author comment_83396 pic Is the only decent pic I have so far :jamie: I guess since I just cleaned the engine bay for this show I should take more pics before I pull it all apart again. Will have more pics soon I tell a lie...I also have this one Report
November 21, 200520 yr comment_83401 Looks good, i am in the process of chucking together a turbo 4k for my daily, i have a turbo off a 12a and 1 3/4" SU, was going to J pipe a KE70 manifold but might just cut up some extractors and make a better flowing manifold. Is your car difficult to start when cold? the fuel has a long way to travel there, if so how do you get around it? Cheers Scott Report
November 21, 200520 yr comment_83417 Drove past you today Rolla boy, bloody nice car. Awesome kill story too. :jamie: Report
November 21, 200520 yr comment_83421 Took a mate for a spin in the mr2 one night. These guys in a brand new statesman/caprice started laughing at my car at a red light, told my mate that i wasn't taking that crap from a holden driver so gave a rev. After missing the lights and almost stalling, they had a 3 or so car head start, only to be wound in quickly and STOMPED on. Slowed down and asked if they wanted another go cos i stuffed up start only for them to respond "naa thanks" with their heads down, all of a suddon on comes the blinker and they turn off. I rarely race on the street but I had to proove a point. Report
November 21, 200520 yr comment_83427 Typical... gang up on holden drivers (pfft) bloody 4 cylinders! :jamie: hahaha OKE020... you and me need to talk... Boosted 4K sounds like fun :paw: Report
November 21, 200520 yr Author comment_83431 Looks good, i am in the process of chucking together a turbo 4k for my daily, i have a turbo off a 12a and 1 3/4" SU, was going to J pipe a KE70 manifold but might just cut up some extractors and make a better flowing manifold. Is your car difficult to start when cold? the fuel has a long way to travel there, if so how do you get around it? Cheers Scott The guy who has been making pipes and brackets and what not for me was very concerned about it being hard to start in the mornings, we had made the pipe from the carby to the supercharger alot shorter, but had bonnet clearance issues. So I demanded no holes in my bonnet haha, so he had to extend the pipe to how it is now, but believe it or not, it starts better now than it did with the rolla carby on it before I put the SC on. Turns over maybe twice and fires and idles :jamie: I would cut up some extractors if I was you, J pipes are the sux0r hehe. Drove past you today Rolla boy, bloody nice car. Awesome kill story too. :paw: Aren't you from Tasmania? Report
November 21, 200520 yr comment_83436 Believe it or not.. he's an ACT boy like yourself :jamie: Report
November 21, 200520 yr Author comment_83437 Well where the hell has he been? haha We need more people at meetings and shit. I was gunna say, I know my car stands out, being bright yellow and all, but to see it from Tassie...damn :jamie: Report
November 21, 200520 yr comment_83481 Well where the hell has he been? haha We need more people at meetings and shit. I was gunna say, I know my car stands out, being bright yellow and all, but to see it from Tassie...damn :jamie: Drove past you today in a Swift. :paw: And yeah, I am from Tassie, but I'm here visiting a mate. :lol: Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now