Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Supercharged 5k

Featured Replies

As you may have guessed from the title and description, I ruined some poor Commodore drivers night tonight, as we lined up next to each other at the lights, he had his little blonde gf in the car, all ready to impress her with how hard his VX S Commodore goes....Light goes green.....

 

And BOOM the race is on, as I pull further and further ahead of this fella, I can almost hear his heart breaking, as his pride and joy gets eaten up and spat out by a "dirty old corolla". hehe

 

I was a good 2 car lengths ahead of him by the form one lane, and all this on an untuned thrown together SC'd 5K running a mere 4psi!!!

 

He lines me up at the next lights, keen to show the world what he's got, the light goes green, and I am a little eager on my dropping of the clutch and my untuned beast bogs down and misfires and backfires out the carby...I sit and wait for what seems an eternity for the little beast to clear it's throat, then I'm off!! Hunting this Commodore down like prey. As I catch him and pull up along side of him I hear the whistle roar of his exhaust on full noise, and as I edge in front of him AGAIN he realises he is just wasting petrol and backs down hehe, I look across and see the anguish on his face, give him a nice smile and cruise off, one very happy camper!

 

Now this was only a V6 Commodore, but my car is only 1500cc's of boosted goodness. So I am still happy with it's efforts this evening.

 

Now the imagination ticks over as to what it will produce for me once it's on 10psi and has been dyno tuned :jamie:

  • Replies 65
  • Views 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hahaha :lol: excellent :jamie:

 

dude, even if you had a naturally aspirated 4ag, even a "lowly" 86kw engine, it would have been all over for him. doug has chopped a VY SS in his naturally aspirated 4k ke10, falcodores are is no competition for inducted corollas

 

look for a bigger fish :paw:

  • Author

Thanks guys. I don't want to go skyline hunting yet, not on 4psi anyways.

 

There is one thing I would have liked to have changed about last night, and that is if my engine had been in this.......

post-632-1132355903_thumb.jpg

So who's got a spare S/C for your mate Kanga? :jamie:

 

Nice work by the way. I never get sick of seeing the that priceless look of defeat on ones face.

cool, sounds like you had a lot of fun.

 

now stick that motor in a ke10 which is around 150kgs lighter, and have even more fun.

 

v6 commodore drivers are such bad losers. :jamie:

 

must put my SC on. just thinking drawthru SU on around 7psi for a daily.

must put my SC on

i read that has JUST put my supercharger on, and started to breathe heavily

 

i think you need to do it, then get down the goldcoast and start hunting skylines

Good effort dude :jamie:

You better a Commodore driver.. Kanga will be loving this thread in particular:p More fuel against me! lol

Edited by Tiger

  • Author

One recommendation for anyone planning a draw thru SC setup...1975 "99" Model Saab sidedraught carby!!! :jamie:

Edited by Rolla__Boy

Awesome story man! i love commo drivers, all reclined back in their seats :jamie: damn funny! As for those skyline drivers............whoops, that would be me. Oh well, no shame in getting smoked by a rola, id be cheerin you on! :paw:

 

Why only 4 pound?? are ya gonna re-pully it?

I sit upright thank you very much! (Well, i have to ... otherwise I imitate an unhappy cd player very well! I throw out my discs in my back) It's a good reason for me to get racing seats, because technically.. I need them.

But I will agree with the majority of commo drivers... actually.. ford drivers are worse around this area... :paw: You see their heads on the side in the rear passenger window :jamie:

  • Author

Yeah the pulley is too small, it wasn't so bad on the 4K but with the bigger 5K it's shit, so bigger pulley, new bracket arrangement with an idler pulley, new extractors and should be around 10psi, then I will get it tuned. Should be 100hp@wheels hopefully

I sit upright thank you very much! (Well, i have to ... otherwise I imitate an unhappy cd player very well! I throw out my discs in my back) It's a good reason for me to get racing seats, because technically.. I need them.

 

:paw: lol, i guess that was stereotyping

 

I guess this means that because i drive a skyline I'm one of those rice racer boys with a massive bodykit,and a bov. and every time i pass a car i feel compelled to back off the throttle just so everyone can hear my bov go 'ptssss'. :jamie:

Edited by Tiger

Cmon, commodores aren't that bad.. although u are entitled to your own opinions. You gotta remember that commo would have been stock. Still, I find it funny to see the look on someones face when they see u just blew them away in a 'grannies' car.

  • Author

My engine is stock, obviously apart from the SC, but I mean internally.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.