Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

It's been freaking cold here for a few days now. It's currently about -27 degrees.

I had the Corolla parked at work for a few days and on wednesday i had to start it in -22 degrees to get home. And as i've written it's notably hard to get going when cold but the battery stood with me for quite a while. I was expecting it to be completely dead at a few turn overs but it wasn't :) Nonetheless it wasn't enough and it finally gave up but we had other company cars (2010 Hiace) around and some jumper cables so then it hopped back to life :)

Was also funny when it first started and i let go of the clutch it stopped cause of the heavy resistance of it alone :D Poor 4K's :rolls:

Have you got around to checking the points gap & timing?

It might fire up easier with a bit more advance, the 4K seems to run quite happily with 10 or 12deg advance.

I suppose you will be up for different grades of oil for summer and winter in the motor and gearbox, like the tyres....

My dad who understands the points gap stuff a bit more did set it up somewhat before winter time, but it's probably not perfect.

I'm running semi-synthetic 10W-40 oil in the engine, was mainly bought cause it was cheap.I haven't touched the gearbox oil so god knows what's in there :D But it shifts without any problems and if it works in -25 degrees what more can you ask.

• 5 months later...

Hello again. Took some pictures today as i washed the car so i'll put them up here :)

Not driving the car now during summertime cause i have the other car for that, so the Corolla just stands still. I'm gonna put some wax on it today so it doesn't look totally horrible from all the leafs and whatnot that get stuck on it.

Engine and everything is running tip top as far as i can tell. I start it once in a while and drive a few kilometers to keep everything going.

I still don't know what to do with the car if i'm gonna spend some cash on it or just leave it stock.

Winter tires on in July! :D

Bild100.jpg

Bild101-1.jpg

Bild102.jpg

Edited by Tomas_90

I'll add a few more since i was waxing it this evening :) I'm still gonna clean the interior some more but that'll be some other day.

It is fairly decent but nowhere near perfect.

Bild103.jpg

Bild105.jpg

Bild104-1.jpg

Bild106.jpg

Bild108-1.jpg

Edited by Tomas_90