4age Keeps Bouncing Off 3 Grand ???

Kravit

Members dont see this ad
It really doesnt show much, just shows what i explained, its realy stressin me out now, been off road longer then should be :P

a picture (or many hundreds of them) is worth a thousand words. Theres so much that could be in the video that you havent explained that these guys recognise.

I'm so sure i replied before o well.

You will have to find the problem the hard way, trust me, nothing more painfull than a circut bord with 100 more compents and it dosnt do any thing.

Start with the most basic thing you can find see if it working if not keep going untin it 'branchs' were 2 or more other things could be causing it ect. Yes its painfull but it works.

• 1 year later...

Hi, I 'm new to the scene and wondering if this problem got resolved.

I have put a Blue Top into a Honda S600 and am experiencing the same problem. I reckon it has to do with the TVIS as the car is fine above 3000 RPM. Below this it does a surge whereby you have to try and keep a steady acc pedal or else the rev bounce happens. Going Hillclimbing next weekend as a first try of the car so hope to keep the Revs above 3000 ( shouold be no prob).

I have also blocked off the idle valve.

cheers

I think you may need to sign up to www.twincam.info

and post the issues up there.

Rev problems can be cause by(from my experiences):

Air in the coolant lines. You need to open radiator when cold, turn your heater on heat and on if you wish, and let all the air bubble out while topping up with coolant.

Timing issues. Triple Check timing, spark plugs, leads, coil, ignitor, dizzy cap and rotor button.

TPS out. Not sure how to fix this but can cause some issues alike this one.

If you have a diagnostic plug still wired into the loom you need to bridge two terminals with the ign to reds. Use google to find out how to do this.

Could be more things wrong with it but they are the main culprits.

sounds like your computer is base mapping, try disconecting the battery for 5 min, hook it back up fully charged, let the car idle for a bit and see if it clears up

(base mapping means safty mode, for when you break something but toyota want you to be able to get to a garage not keep driving around)

Problem solved - Blocked off Throttle body vacuum pts. 2 had connectors on and were blocked but other 2 were minus connector. I assumed ( wrongly) that these were never connected. This is what happens when buying an engine that is not in a running car.

Appears many of these probems relate to vacuum leaks. Finding the leak is the difficult task though.

Once I get organised I'll put on photos ( in the correct Forum).

thanks again .