November 28, 200520 yr Author comment_84433 Well I just took my distributor cap off and there is alot white crap in little holes and pretty dirty inside distributor, could be reason ? Report
November 28, 200520 yr comment_84434 ^^ its not going to be helping the motor.. how about you get a short movie of the motor "bouncing" off 3 grand ? Report
November 28, 200520 yr Author comment_84446 ^^ its not going to be helping the motor.. how about you get a short movie of the motor "bouncing" off 3 grand ? I did little video, but wont let me upload, basicly revs on 1 and revs up to 3 and keeps bouncing there Report
November 28, 200520 yr Author comment_84450 I give up, don't know what to do, maybe leave long enough it will fix itself :hmm: I know if i ring mobile mechanic prob wont offer much since wont know much about these engines, need 4age pro !!! Report
November 28, 200520 yr Author comment_84454 It really doesnt show much, just shows what i explained, its realy stressin me out now, been off road longer then should be :hmm: Report
November 28, 200520 yr Author comment_84490 I tried using 4ac coil with 4age igniter unit, thing on top with the plug, doesnt work,car wont even start with old one anymore, geeez just can't win can i :hmm: Report
December 4, 200520 yr comment_85352 It really doesnt show much, just shows what i explained, its realy stressin me out now, been off road longer then should be :P a picture (or many hundreds of them) is worth a thousand words. Theres so much that could be in the video that you havent explained that these guys recognise. Report
December 5, 200520 yr comment_85634 I'm so sure i replied before o well. You will have to find the problem the hard way, trust me, nothing more painfull than a circut bord with 100 more compents and it dosnt do any thing. Start with the most basic thing you can find see if it working if not keep going untin it 'branchs' were 2 or more other things could be causing it ect. Yes its painfull but it works. Report
February 14, 200719 yr comment_164052 Hi, I 'm new to the scene and wondering if this problem got resolved. I have put a Blue Top into a Honda S600 and am experiencing the same problem. I reckon it has to do with the TVIS as the car is fine above 3000 RPM. Below this it does a surge whereby you have to try and keep a steady acc pedal or else the rev bounce happens. Going Hillclimbing next weekend as a first try of the car so hope to keep the Revs above 3000 ( shouold be no prob). I have also blocked off the idle valve. cheers Report
February 15, 200719 yr comment_164159 I think you may need to sign up to www.twincam.info and post the issues up there. Rev problems can be cause by(from my experiences): Air in the coolant lines. You need to open radiator when cold, turn your heater on heat and on if you wish, and let all the air bubble out while topping up with coolant. Timing issues. Triple Check timing, spark plugs, leads, coil, ignitor, dizzy cap and rotor button. TPS out. Not sure how to fix this but can cause some issues alike this one. If you have a diagnostic plug still wired into the loom you need to bridge two terminals with the ign to reds. Use google to find out how to do this. Could be more things wrong with it but they are the main culprits. Report
February 15, 200719 yr comment_164164 sounds like your computer is base mapping, try disconecting the battery for 5 min, hook it back up fully charged, let the car idle for a bit and see if it clears up (base mapping means safty mode, for when you break something but toyota want you to be able to get to a garage not keep driving around) Report
February 15, 200719 yr comment_164169 check the earth on the intake manifold... if its not secured properly it can cause that sort of problem as well Report
February 15, 200719 yr comment_164225 Problem solved - Blocked off Throttle body vacuum pts. 2 had connectors on and were blocked but other 2 were minus connector. I assumed ( wrongly) that these were never connected. This is what happens when buying an engine that is not in a running car. Appears many of these probems relate to vacuum leaks. Finding the leak is the difficult task though. Once I get organised I'll put on photos ( in the correct Forum). thanks again . Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now