The Silvia

irokin

Members dont see this ad

Wouldn't 15psi were that thing just starts making power?

I'd say so, but I didn't want to risk damaging it given how long its taken me to get it back running again. Once I get the suspension and brakes straightened out and learn how to drive again I'll take it back and get it turned up to 20psi and call the job done.

If I had a better gearbox I'd think about building an engine and slapping a great stonking turbo on it but I can't afford one so I'll make do with sub 250kW. One of the quickest S chassis in QLD runs around 230-240kW but with good response.

Who's car is that? I know a few guys with S15's that are wicked fast but they're at about 270 rwkw and setup for response.

Option 1's S14. Has a new owner now but apparently still local.

I'm working on sr20. - Jerico conversion kits at the mOment so within a year we can all bolt jericos on sr20s

Still can't afford it :(

Trailer or gearbox? I'm still going with trailer at the moment, no more rental death traps for me.

• 2 months later...

I've managed to get off my arse and go for a drive to have a look at the car.

Dyno graph looks good. Peak power 197kW @ 5500rpm, peak torque (approx) 370Nm @ 4300rpm. Usable power band ranges from about 3500rpm to 6000rpm. The major dip in the mid range the last tune had has disappeared too.

Seat mounts coming along good, should be able to fit without mashing my head on the roof. Have an R34 GTT nismo shifter coming. They have a kink in the shifter neck (like so) which will bring it back about 1-2 inches. Apparently just needs some bush changes and it fits. At the moment the shifter is a bit of a stretch but everything else is fine.

Looks like I should have the car back home tomorrow :D

With a bit of hard work I'm hoping to make it to the May 10th track day at QR.