Rb20Det Into Ke36 Panel Van

OPH13

Hi Guys and Gals

so the boyfriend is looking at putting an RB26det in his A31 Cefiro and suggesting that i put his current RB20 in my 76 ke36 panel van :laff:

we understand that there is going to be a HEAP of custom work eg: re locating firewall.......

The main thing i want to know is has this been done before?? i figure it wont be road legal :fuzz: , mainly just a track car, i know its been done with the SR20 and that can be a mission its self.

if anyone has any suggestions, tips anything, message me :yes:

alot of you guys really know what your talking about so any help would be awesome :dance:

Cheers guys, hope to hear from someone soon

Ophii

Members dont see this ad

Stick it behind the front seats!

You'r going to be chopping the car to bits to make it fit, including the Supra or Skyline gearbox and a Hilux diff, so just mid-mount it and don't end up with a nose-heavy over-powered car that won't handle.

Ideally, fit IRS and bolt the gearbox straight onto the diff! :laff:

thanks guys, at least u guys r positive lol a few people ive talked to in my line of work said I'm dreaming and its not going to work, i want something different, you never know until u try :cool: ill do some more research and see how i go

cheers ophii

At least if you get the 20 in their, you can always drop the RB30 in also,

They're somewhat taller. An RB20 will fit a silvia no worries but an RB30 with a DE head will have bonnet clearance issues. Definitely do some measuring and forward planning if an RB30 is in your future.

yeah i don't think an RB30 will be a future choice haha ive got access to the 20 so instead of having it sitting around, ill make good use of it :rolls: I'm thinking there will be bracing issues, I'm not really keen on my car twisting when i put my foot down :no2:

Cheers Ben, i must have got that info from boost perhaps, haha

It would be cause of the manifold i would imagine?

But if its not going to be registered, leave the bonnet off, haha

You're not wrong, they're reasonably interchangeable, just if you were making up a new tunnel in the firewall for the motor that only just clears the cam covers on the RB20, no way you could get a 26/30 in there. Maybe have a shot with the single cam head?

Its the cam covers at the front of the 26/30 that hit in a silvia but its been a very long time since I ever looked at it and only ever 26/30s. R32 GTRs have a problem with the intercooler piping, 26/30 lifts it into the bonnet.