4Age Or 4K Turbo Into Ke35

JamesBowyer

Members dont see this ad

Mate I'm going to jump in before someone else does.

Just go to forums, type what you want in the search (probably engine conversions or general mechanical) and you will hit a fair few threads of guys that have built this engine or are talking about how it should be done. Everything you need you could probably find in topics already discussed. Just be careful mate because if you ask a question that can be easily found in a previous forum you will get smashed by the old boys for asking it in the first place. Learnt my lesson.

Best of luck.

• Upvote 1

haha! Craig has it in one! :laff:

Plenty of people on here will help Wizza, but not until you've done all the easy work!

This is how its done-

-Look up all the similar mods in the build threads.

-Start a new topic

-Explain what you want to do & what you want the car to do afterwards

-Tell us what YOU are capable of doing and what experience you have with modifying cars.

-Tell us your budget!

90% of these projects never get off the ground & just fill the forums with drivel.

and most importantly...google it!!

i don't want to sound like a harsh nasty member you doesnt want to help out people asking questions...

but when the first google result of "4kc turbo" is this

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/2341-4k-c-turbo/

a 15 page thread all about putting a turbo on a 4k.....i mean c'mon man a bit of effort on your part hey?

i would never touch a turbo carburetta.......I'm sure its fine for some....but the idea of pressurising a carburetta or pressurising fuel in a turbo....doesnt sound all that inviting:P

efi that engine....then turbo.

Just to go a step further, when you demonstrate you have some knowledge about the conversion when asking a more specific question about it you'll find guys falling over themselves to help you. Showing that you can talk the talk, walk the walk and you're not just another bloody tyre kicker goes a long way towards getting GOOD help!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

James, did the guy you bought the turbo gear off have it running on a 4K?? He would know what it needs.

if not, PM a couple of guys like mhmills who have fitted turbos/blowers from scratch and ask them if any systems needed upgrading.

The usual story is that 7-10psi can run on stock gear.

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/gallery/image/8364-4k-turbo-system/

um i actually scored the gear off my father who had it running in his suzuki, he rebuilt it about 10 years back but never put it back in the car the motor has just been stored so I'm thinking about doing some head work to it. It usually ran baout 8 psi he believes and it had an su system which is all still there. Edited by JamesBowyer